𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒

Alessia Ferrari

Alessia Ferrari

"There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask, 'What if I fall?' Oh but my darling, what if you fly?" ~ Erin Hanson.

Life will continue to go on whether you choose to move on with it and take a chance in the unknown or decide to stay behind, locked away by your own past, thinking of what could have been.

It's crazy how slow everything moves while you're living the events but a few years down the line you can't help but ask, 'what do you mean that was three years ago'.

A gap year turned into a 'do we even want to go back?' So it has in fact been three years since we finally graduated from the hellscape people seem to call 'high school'.

The day after graduation my best friend Manny almost threw my twin off a cliff because he ate his doughnut when we first left for our road-trip, I'm surprised I even have a twin considering the three of us have been traveling all over the world for the last three years.

We decided to go from New York and for the first year we traveled through all fifty states and just as we were about to complete our gap year we decided to go international starting from Mexico upon Manny's suggestion and then moved to Guatemala soon after that.

We also went to Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia — the land of the intersection of Eastern Europe and Western Asia... Not the state in the US. Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Scotland, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.

The three of us are now in Brazil getting ready to finally go home after not even being in the states for a little over two years.
Life has changed quite a bit in the last Three years.

For one, I am officially two and a half years clean from self-harm which is a major accomplishment in my book.

I discovered Manny will literally commit murder for a chocolate frosted cake donut with rainbow sprinkles. Turns out he can in fact be scary when he really wants to be but he needs some serious motivation and I think doughnuts pass that test.

I also discovered how beautiful nature is when you simply put down the phone.

I know going completely off the grid pissed off my eldest brother and my father wasn't too happy either which I sort of understand considering the life they live. I'm sure Luca has been worried which I do feel a bit bad about and I miss my niece.
My brother and father run the largest branch of the italian mafia, the mafia is actually split into four families, ours is he largest so I'm sure being unreachable wasn't exactly their preference when Nicky and I told them we were going to spend a year traveling, and of course a year still managed to turn into three.