07

Groaning as she did another weighted squat, Kasie finished up her set of 15 before setting the bar down to take a little break

Groaning as she did another weighted squat, Kasie finished up her set of 15 before setting the bar down to take a little break. She been in her at-home gym since she got comfortable in her home.

After washing the sex from her body, Kasie tried to get comfortable and go to sleep but failed. So instead, she got dressed and went to her at-home gym to hopefully put her mind at ease.

That was something working out did for her. In many ways it was like an escape from her reality, in addition to her reading and writing which also helped her remain sane in more ways than one.

Kasie wouldn't describe herself as a "gym rat" but she did workout consistently, no matter how she was feeling. It managed to take her pain away and put it in other areas, ie. her body.

Mental pain was a big part of her life, and had been since she was eight and it never seemed to stop.

Kasie's life was never as easy or blessed as it was now, and she was beyond grateful for that. Kasie was born in Detroit, MI to her birth parents, Symone Jaden Allen who was only 19 at the time and Zi'more Sakai Rosewood who was 32.

Zi'more and Symone never had a healthy relationship with one another, more like Symone had a bizarre infatuation and Zi loved the control he had over her. Which never benefited Kasie in any aspect.

The cons in their relationship continued to show as Kasie grew up, and by the time she was 3, Zi was no longer in her or Symone's life. Leaving them to fend for themselves.

Fast forward three years, Symone had moved them both to Harlem, NY and began dating a Kyzir Carter, 45. In addition to moving and starting a "relationship", Symone got latched onto drugs and that's where her downward spiral began.

Kyzir only enabled her drug & alcohol abuse which resulted in her death from a Morphine overdose when she was only 28. Kyzir was deep into the streets and Symone had never properly registered Kasie within the NY school system so in more ways than one, Kasie didn't exist.

Kyzir used his leverage with his street affiliations to take and keep Kasie, moving her to Phoenix, AZ with a plan to sell her in order to make a big drug trade.

Luckily his plans were cut short when Kasie snuck away one day and ended up in a local Kroger. As she was wandering around the store, she met a woman, Chasidy Sania Montgomery, 23, who she felt oddly comfortable with.

After slight probing, Chasidy was able to get enough information from Kasie to know that no child she be in her current situation. Chasidy immediately reported everything to one of her friends that worked with the Arizona CPS system and got Kasie put into a safehouse.

As their time together progressed Kasie met Chasidy's husband, Kareem Major Montgomery, 27, in which she also formed a close bond with. And with the help of their legal friends, they were able to adopt Kasie by the time she was 10.

While the adoption process was underway, the option came up to change Kasie's name. The Montgomery's being the respectful, good human beings that they are, asked Kasie if she wanted to keep her birth name:

Kasie Nadore Rosewood

Or if she would like something different. Although she was young, she knew exactly what she wanted for herself and she decided to change her name, picking out the middle name, Monroe, and agreeing to become a Montgomery.

That was only the start of Kasie's mental pain. Even though she was more than blessed to live the life that she does, she couldn't help but to think of her childhood.

She didn't have any fond memories of her birth mother, or anyone from her past. And she was confused for years on how two complete strangers could treat her better than people that brought her into this world.

As much as her parents taught her that she was loved and cared for. That didn't stop her negative thoughts about her life. In her mind, she had a plethora of issues that made her "broken".

For instance, Kasie had what her therapist would deem as developmental and complex trauma.

This meant that in addition to being traumatized at a child and how it affected her life as an adult piling the complex trauma on top added to her negative outlook on the world.

Although her complex trauma wasn't as severe as some cases that she'd heard of, it still managed to affect her day-to-day life. For example, romantic relationships was one top thing that Kasie was reluctant to partake in.

She didn't want to trust anyone or love anyone. She didn't want to give someone a piece of her mind, body, and soul just for them to break her.

In her mind, if her birth parents could leave her so easily without a care in the world, so what meant that someone else wouldn't?

This was the reason why she chose to push Jayson as far away from her mind as she could, albeit the thought of him never went to far. She didn't want to like him nor did she want to form any attachment or friendship with him in any way, shape, or form.

Now, it wasn't that Kasie had just never tried to be in a relationship before because she had. In fact, it was a long term relationship that lasted a little over three years.

Even then, Kasie never allowed herself to fully commit to him. Something inside of her just never allowed her too. In the end, Kasie ending the relationship because she wanted to move on and progress with her life... without him.

Is that what she told him though? Absolutely not. She made up the regular excuse of, 'it's not you, it's me' and proceeded on with her life like he never existed. Which seemed to be working well for her thus far.

Jayson was merely a distraction though- at least that's what she was tricking her mind into believing. She wanted so badly to believe that he moment with Jayson wasn't anything serious and that she'd get over it within a week. But something inside of her continued to tell her otherwise. She hated it.

She felt like she was overreacting with the entire situation and that it wasn't that serious when in actuality, mentally for her it was that serious.

Her stubbornness was the only thing that allowed her to keep her head on straight, kinda, when it came down to her current mental dilemma.

It was just sex, nothing more and nothing less. She would continue to say to herself. There is no way in the entire world that she'd caught feelings off of a one night stand with a stranger.... right?

is your life really interesting if you dont have some form of trauma?? 😩🫶🏾 i dont think so!

this, as you can guess, is an informational chapter... mostly because i had no fucking clue to put for it 🥲 there's so much i want to happen but i wanted there to be a break in between the good parts ... yk?

fun fact: when ya mans is eating ya pum-pum ya juices can like... bleach his beard hair 😭 dont ask me no questions