Introduction

*Amber's POV*
I should have listened to my friends when they told me not to fall in love. Dee is just so amazing. His dark skin, his afro, his beard, his mustache, everything about him is beautiful. He is insecure about his weight, but I look past his insecurities. He is kind, and caring, everybody loves him... the most popular guy at high school.

He makes me feel special, and as if I belong. He's my only real friend and I can't see myself living without him. He's seen my scars, and he knows about my past. Sometimes it just doesn't seem as if he loves me back.

*Dee's POV*
I met Amber at school. She was wearing all black and listening to her favorite band, Suicide Silence. We made eye contact, and I could see in her beautiful blue eyes, that she has gone through a lot.

The next week, we started the second semester of school. Amber was now in my physics class. She was all alone in the back corner of the room. I decided to talk to her. She was a bit shy, I introduced myself and we passed notes throughout the class period.

She told me about her parents divorcing on her 3rd birthday, and she got kicked out of her father's home when she was only 10 years old. She grew up never having friends and all she really wants is to be loved. I have learned that she will do anything for my love. She says she stopped talking to her friends because all she really wants is me, but I saw messages on her phone. People were asking for nudes, she turned them down, but she has probably sent some to them before.

Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that Amber loves me. I get the feeling she wants me for my popularity. Though, she bursts into tears whenever I'm mad at her, and she told everyone not to flirt with her because her heart is set on me. Perhaps she does love me. And perhaps I'm just too blind to see. She has gone through a lot, and I'm sure if someone else falls in love with her she will be so done with me.