Chapter 1

All characters belong to Shannon Messenger besides Evangeline.
-Jess

"Fuck you!" I swing my fist back as I go ahead and punch some kid in the face

"Biana!" My brother Fitz is standing behind me.

"What do you want?" I turn around. I can hear the sobs of the kid behind me.

"You would you do that?!" He gestures to the kid with brown hair and dark blue eyes.

"He pissed me off." I turn my heal and March down the hallway.

Tomorrow is the day that we get the marks of the first words our soulmate will say to us. My only wish is that it isn't that kid or anyone he is friends with.

Little did I know it ended up being his best friend.

"Hey, B!" My best friend Maruca comes up to me.

"Hi." I fidget with my dress for the New Year's party. I chose a simple silver strapless dress that goes just above my knees. I used some silver eye shadow to match it.

"Why don't we ding dong ditch a dorm?" She asks, a mischievous grin on her face.

"One on the top floor?" I ask. I don't know how I will walk up 4 flights of stairs with heels on though.

"Yep." She grabs my wrist as she starts to drag me up.

I don't get how the Amli students live like this. Like how dose someone walk up 4 flights of stairs around 2-4 times a day.

"Ready?" Maruca asks me as we end up outside room 473.

"Never been more ready." I whisper as I knock on the door and turn my heal.

The door opens quickly though, it knocks me over in the process.

"Sophie, we're famous! A Vacker is at our dorm!" A girl with blonde hair shouts as she looks down at me.

"Seriously Marella?" I have to stay here, but Maruca got away.

"Yep." Another blonde girl peers through the door.

"Isn't she that girl that punched Jensi." So they are friends with the kid that pissed me off. Great start, Biana.

"Well, am I just going to lay here?" I but in.

"Exactly!" Marella states.

"No, she is injured. We have to take her to Elwin." Sophie points out.

"Look, I don't even know you guys but I can get to the healing centre myself!" I try to stand up but fall.

"Like wise, have you ever been?" Marella asks as Sophie lifts me up to carry me over her shoulder.

"No." I admit. "But seriously put me down."

"You can't even stand up for god's sake." Sophie says as her and Marella start walking down the stairs.

Now I am being carried by a bunch of outcasts to the healing centre on New Year's Eve. You've done an amazing job Biana.

"Please just fucking put me down." I stare at the ground, asking Sophie.

"Nope, your the one that is hurt." She says swiftly. Yet I know they tone, a cover up for the tragedies behind her mask. That's how I put up my barriers. I know that technique from a mile away at this point.

"Nice dress by the way." Marella points out.

"Shut up." I grip my hands onto the back of Sophie's blazer as the keep carrying me to the healing centre.