METEOR SHOWER

When you wish upon a falling star, you're actually offering your hopes and dreams to a small piece of space rock burning up as it plummets through Earth's atmosphere. Known as meteors, these brilliant streaks of light have entranced humans for centuries, especially when they arrive in bursts of blazing glory during sky shows called meteor showers.

    A meteor is a space rock or meteoriod that enters Earth's atmosphere.As the space rock falls toward Earth,the resistance or drag of the air in the rock makes it extremely hot . What we see is a "shooting star" that bright streak is not actually the rock, but rather the glowing hot air as the hot rock zips through the atmosphere. When Earth encounters many meteoroids at once, we call it a meteor shower.

Meteor showers symbolize beauty rising from ashes. Meteor showers represents the spiritual insights and wisdom gained from looking deep within the shadows of ourselves and our world.

Meteorites may resemble earth rocks, but they usually have a burned exterior that can appear shiny.

The Muonionalusta meteorite probably the oldest known meteorite (4.5653+0.0001 billion years), marks the first occurrence of stishovite in an iron meteorite.

Under a dark sky, any observer can expect to see between two and seven meteors each hour any night of the year.