One sided

Khai's note - 

Pictures ain't workin today😭😭

You slam your door and chuck your shoes off to the side. "FUCK." Arny peeks his head through the crack of his door. "Um, so...how's your day been?"

You and Arny have been roommates for a full year now. You two have grown really close over the past few years, and so have feelings that remain one sided. Arny has been your friend since high school. Sure you had your ups and downs but that's what make you two so compatible.

You rip open the fridge and snatch 3 strawberry milk boxes and flop yourself on the couch. You peal the straw off the box and stab the top of the box with the bottom of the straw. 'SIIIIIPPPP' you sigh and place the box on the coffee table and lay down.

Arny (who had been watching you practically rip the fridge door off and murder a milk box) finally opens his bedroom door all the way and shuffles towards you. He places his hands on his hips and look down at you.

"Rough day huh?" You don't look at him as you quickly click through your anime series, selecting one and letting the remote slip from your hand to the floor. "How'd you know?" Arny raises his hand, pointing to the fridge. "You literally-" you roll your eyes and respond again without looking at him.

You knew that if you looked at him you would bawl your eyes out, but you wanted to stay mad. You wanted to wallow in your own self pity.

"That was a rhetorical question....doof." Arny lets out and over exaggerated gasp and puts his hand on his chest. "Well I never...in a million, trillion, billion, years have never been so insulted in my life." You snort and hide your face in the pillow you had stuffed under your head. "Leave me alone, Barney." Arny, being used to the old high school nickname, let out a chuckle, "So, that's how it is..." he climbs on top of you, tickling your sides.

"A-arny..." you try to breathe, "s-stop!" Not really paying attention to the not so innocent position you two were in at the moment, you wrap you arms around his neck, tossing your head back as you continued to laugh.

Arny looks at you, unwanted thoughts creep into his mind. Watching you laugh made his mind race. He subconsciously leans his head to your neck, his nose softly brushes against the your beating pulse, making you jolt.

"Um...Arny?" You hold you hands together at you chest as you shyly look away at the floor. Arny backs off you and quickly licks his lips out of nervous habit. You two sit in silence wait for the other to speak up and break the thick tension.

Arny clears his throat, "Ehem, so, a-about you day?" You fidget with the ring on your finger. His gaze was soft yet intense, making you take a quick glance at your concerned friend then quickly look away. He smirks at how shy you've always been, even after 5 years of friendship.

Arny sighs and gets up, "Well if you really don't wanna talk about what happened then I guess i'll just have'ta-" you grab his pant leg pinched between your index and thumb. You haven't bothered to lift your head, afraid to show your flushed face, "He...he cheated on me."

Your hand fell to your lap. Tears stung the corners of your eyes. All he could do was look at you with utter frustration and confusion, wondering why a girl like you, would decided to go with that douche, Damion, instead of him, who obviously cared so much about you.

Arny ran his hand through his curls and sat back down on the couch. After a few more seconds of silence he clears his throat, "Well..." you look up at Arny, his arms open wide as he looked away from you, his cheeks a tinge pink. You crawl across the sofa and into his arms.

You sobbed into his chest. "Why Arny, why?" Arny knew he couldn't answer. There were so many answers but only one spoke louder, "I-I don't know." He stroked your hair planting a small kiss to your temple. You had the tendency to fall for toxic guys, making you and your life miserable. You would get upset (angry) whenever he would tell you "He's not that great of a guy y/n, if you would just-" you'd end up arguing and the fight always ended in "YOU'RE NOT MY FUCKING DAD, GOD, GET THE FUCK OF MY BACK ARNY!"

You had avoided Arny until your boyfriend either left, cheated or did other things to you that made you leave the relationship, only then would you find your way back to him and cry your heart out. "I don't think I wanna date anymore." You blankly state as you look at you fuzzy duck socks.

Arny hums at your response knowing that your "statement" wasn't going to last that long. You said that every time your heart got shattered to a million pieces, then (with Arny's help of course) put the pieces back together and then hand the not fully healed heart to another.

You get up and walk towards your room. "I'm gonna go shower...and wash this," you do a circular motion with your pointer finger around your mascara covered face. "l see you for dinner. I'll order something or maybe cook." You awkwardly chuckle walking to your door. Just as you grab the knob Arny stops you.

"When did you get-"

Arny's hand was gently placed on yours preventing you from continuing to turn the door knob. Maybe you were too busy rambling about dinner, that you hadn't noticed him get up and walk behind you, but the way his warm chest brushed against your arm sent goosebumps up and down your spine.

"Y/n, I..." you blush waiting for him to finish his sentence. His face was dangerously close to yours making you yearn for more contact. "Y/n I love you."

To be continued...

Please like, COMMENT, and follow for more. Check out my tumblr for more updates ❕tadashisdisaster❕