08

"So, Jayson, how does it feel to lead in the Championship series right now?" A reporter from ESPN asked Jayson as he sat in the media room giving his post-game interview

The Celtics had just come out of Game 3, untying the series as they now led 2-1 against the Golden State Warriors. The game, as expected, was a tough one but the Celtics were happy to come out on top.

But they all knew that their job was far form being finished so in actuality there was nothing to celebrate. All they could do was wait until the end of the series to see how their lives panned out.

"Um, it's still work to be done on the court, so." He shrugged, knowing that even though they had won this game and bumped themselves up in the series he still wasn't satisfied by the way they were playing.

"I'll have to get back to you once we finish out the series, but as of right now we're still hungry and ready to put in the work to win." He answered the question to the best of his ability after he formulated his thoughts.

Questions continued to come from different reporters from different sports companies and outlets, all asking the same thing in different formats. They usually wanted to know how he and his teammates felt about their position in the series, how they were playing, what their plan was, and this of that nature.

As the last question came and went, Jayson stood from his table and made his way into the parking garage so he could head home to his mom's house. Being that they were going to play Game 4 at the Garden and Deuce was spending the night with Brandy, Jayson just decided to stay there as well since tomorrow was technically a free day.

Pressing the start button to his black 2022 Range Rover Sport, Jayson drove to Watertown, MA about thirty minutes from the Garden and twenty minutes from his house in Cambridge, MA.

Parking in her driveway, he grabbed his bag from the passenger seat and made his way to her front door. Putting in the passcode he let himself into the house.

It was going on 11pm when he got there but he knew that his mom would be up since she was a late owl.

"Mom?" He called out softly, making sure that his voice wouldn't wake up anyone that was asleep in the house.

"In the kitchen." She called out. Jayson sat his bag down at the bottom of the stairs before making his way to the kitchen.

"Hey ma." Jayson spoke once he entered the kitchen, seeing her on her phone as she sipped from a glass of red wine.

"Hey honey." Brandy turned around with a smile, inviting him into her arms. "You played well tonight." She complimented, squeezing him slightly before she released him.

"Thank you." He kissed her forehead before making his way to her refrigerator. Although he had a post-game meal, he was still hungry so he decided to just make himself a sandwich.