The fall...

Roy's POV.

Roy had been struggling, to say the least, after hearing the crushing news about his old mentor, Green Arrow, AKA. Oliver Queen had died in the line of duty from an explosion.

I hadn't taken it well seeing as I'm currently locked up in my apartment with my phone on silent, lying in bed, staring up at the ceiling. This has become the norm. I would just lay here and stare at either the blank walls or slightly textured ceiling, not moving, not sleeping, not eating, not even thinking. I would just lay here and stare, wondering if it had been my fault this happened or if I was somehow to blame for his death.

I let out a sigh as I flipped over, getting out of bed and heading to the kitchen to at least drink some water. I don't have the motivation or appetite to eat or cook anything, I thought to myself as I grabbed a glass of water, quickly gulping it down in a matter of seconds and placing the now-empty cup in the sink. I make my way back to my room to once again lie there and stare at the wall. The light of my phone knocked me out of the trance I had put myself in by focusing on the wall.

The screen lit my dark room as the quiet buzzing on my bed made the quiet room not so quiet. I grab the phone and read the screen of the incoming call. Jaybird, I hit the ignore button and placed the phone back down, only for the buzzing to come back with Jay calling again. I once again hit the ignore button, placed the phone down, and flipped to my other side facing the door, now getting annoyed with the constant buzzing from the phone. Silence once again settles in the room, and Buzz Buzz I flip around and grab the phone, ready to throw it out the damn window if it goes off again. I sit up straight on my bed and look at the dimly lit phone in my hand. 4 missed calls Kori, 24 missed calls Jaybird, 3 missed calls Wally, 23 messages from the group "The Idiots Being Idiots," 53 messages from Jaybird, 31 missed messages from Wally, and 25 messages from Kori.

The screen notifications read; I didn't bother going through all of them; I didn't even bother listening to the 16 voicemails Jason left me. I sigh and place the phone back in its place, pulling the sheet over my head as I hug my knees to my chest, holding back tears. No, I am not going to cry over this. He's not even family after what I did. He disowned me.

I thought to myself as I slowly drifted into an extremely tired state: I can't resist my body yelling at me to just give into the temptation and just go to sleep. I try my best to stay awake, but the fear of nightmares haunts me like I'm a murderer looking for its next victim. I finally give up after the sandman himself keeps my eyes burning. I close them, making the burning stop, and the small tears that had developed fall down my face, finally giving in and letting myself sleep after being awake for so long.