Chapter 1: Lonsome Road

The only audible noise that could be processed was a loud motorcycle engine as it roared, a teenager who drove along a barren road with empty plains. Unsure of where he was going he just kept driving until he found civilization, a sign planted into the ground that said:

WELCOME TO JERICHO

This teenager was Y/n L/n, who gripped the handles as he entered the cozy city. people walking along the streets, living their lives, talking to one another, enjoying their evenings; blissfully ignorant of the wickedness in the dark corners of the world. The sky was gloomy, the streets weren't too crowded with vehicles, seeing all kinds of people from all walks of life. He wondered which of these people lived double lives, and which he would have to pay a visit to.

His face expressionless, hardened. After some more driving he approached a cafe and parked his motorbike. His boots hitting the ground as he got off and entered the building, a bell chiming as he opened the door.

"Hi welcome to Weathervane cafe my name is Tyler Galpin, how can I help you today?" A young man around his age greeted. However, Y/n took a moment to check his surroundings before looking at Tyler.

"I'm new, just got here. Was wondering if you knew any places I could get a job around here?" Y/n spoke firmly, stiffly, something unusual about his tone that the attendant couldn't place. Tyler took a second to examine the teen in front of him. Fairly tall, wearing black jeans with a chain hooked up to them, a black leather jacket with a white undershirt and dress boots along with fingerless biker gloves.

"Well there's a few places near by I guess, if you know anything about cars there's Reggie's Automobile maintenance and repair a few blocks down, or maybe you can find a job at corner store somewhere around here." He responded, leaning against the counter. A few people were lost in there own conversations while they were having a nice warm drink in the booths. Y/n nodded.

"Thanks, I'll check out the auto body shop." He dryly spoke, then he went up to the counter before pulling out his wallet and retrieving some cash. "I'll just have a warm-" Suddenly he stopped as he pulled out a few bills, he looked up from his wallet and took a whiff of his environment, his nose slightly scrunched as he narrowed his eyes; checking his surroundings.

"Hey everything good there?" Tyler asked as he raised an eyebrow at the customer. He stiffly nodded.

"Yeah, just got a weird feeling is all. Here's a five, I'll just have a warm coffee or something, I don't really know any of the drinks here." He said holding out the bill, Tyler nodded as he took the five.

"Alright, I'll have your drink out in a minute, sit wherever you'd like." He said as he turned around and began making the coffee.

"Thanks." Y/n dryly spoke again as he turned around and sat at a booth, looking out the window. His thoughts were unreadable and his expression was blank. "You smell that?" The biker thought in his head.

"SIN" A voice inside spoke back. Y/n nodded to himself.

"Yeah, it's in here's just don't know from who, seems kind of hazy." He replied while scratching his nail then looking out a nearby window, taking another whiff. The next moment Tyler had come back and set the coffee on his table.

"Here you go, one fresh coffee." He said as he set it down.

"Thanks." He shortly spoke, taking the coffee as Tyler left to handle more customers. He enjoyed the ambience as he drank his coffee, once he finished he stood up and decided to take his leave. The bell ringing as he exited and made his way for the bike.