Chapter 1

Tw: gore, assault, mention of death, swearing

Alya throws a punch at my jaw. I stumble back at the force of it. The rings she's wearing coaxing blood from my fresh wounds.

I stumble to stay standing. I can't fail, the evil, it's coming. It was prophesied, the seer of the order saw it, they had told me it was coming and that it would be strong. Stronger than anything they had faced so far, and the order was in no way able to fight it when it arose. I had to do it alone until they had enough strength to join me in the fight.

I can't fail but I can't fight them, I'm not allowed.

"Aww, look at Mari-slut trying to stay standing." Alya's shrill voice cuts through my thoughts. "Don't dish out what you can't take!" She continues referring to the reason why they're beating me up in an alley. I had supposably beat up Lila, the bruises on Lila's russet skin were real, so were the tears she cried this morning when Rose asked about them. But I wasn't the cause of those deep purple spots on her right cheek and on her arms.

Lila hadn't even accused me of them, she just cried, and the class just assumed it was me. Although Lila had been the cause of so much pain and regular assaults, she wasn't here she didn't even know that this was going on, although that wouldn't last long as Alya and the others would go and reassure her that they had made me pay.

Ivan clobbered to the front of the group, told some of the boys to hold my hands to my side. And with one hand grabs a handful of my hair, using my hair he smashed my head into the wall with such force it was sickening. He then moved his hands to my neck, swallowing it whole.

He puts pressure on and then more and more. I can't breathe. There's black spotting my vision. Their insults are becoming muffled. Suddenly there's a fresh pain on my cheek, I try to focus standing there is Alya, it's always Alya. "Listen to what I'm saying you fucking cunt!" she screams. "You are a disgusting, filthy whore! And you should just give up! Go and fucking kill yourself! It's your fucking fault Adrien's dead go and say you're sorry looking up at him in the pits of hell!" She snarls.

The salt in the tears rolling down my face burns my bloody cuts.

I didn't kill hawkmoth for this.

The sound that leaves my lips is a mutilated version of a sob, obscured by the tightening hands on my neck.

I didn't watch my best friend die for this.

Their words fade, their hits dulled. The burning pain of coughing up blood only a lingering thought in the back of my mind.

I didn't survive all that I have just to die like this.

They must've left sometimes I don't know when. I was on the ground and all alone. Blood leaking from my mouth, I could barely breathe.

Huh, I guess I did

Things go black again.

-

There's a girl on the ground of an alley I jump over on my way back to my hotel after taking care of my target.

She's pale, and definitely dead. Her hair a blueish black where it's not matted in crimson blood. Her glazed over ice blue eyes stare upwards at the gray clouds. The rain hitting them, some rolling off of them others leaking past the actual eyeball and into her head.

She had multiple injuries, battered skin, a swollen purple bruise shaped like hands on her neck, broken ribs poking out of the skin on her stomach, there were remnants of dried blood coming from the corner of her mouth, and a stab wound on her thigh. She looked as though she had been dead for some hours.

But what stopped me from just leaving her there for someone else to find was the amount of power coming from her even as she was dead. It was a feeling of ancient power, one that had been described in journals of past members of the league. She herself had never experienced it before but she was guessing this is exactly what a miraculous holder's aura felt like times ten. A guardian then.

I leapt down to her and a red blur and a black blur turn to her. They looked like the drawings she had seen of a kwami. So, it was a miraculous guardian. They looked terrified and had tear trails on their tiny faces. They resembled a ladybug and a black cat, some of the most powerful miraculi. I could take the miraculous, it would certainly benefit the league. I stepped closer to the body to retrieve them when the ladybug kwami spoke. "You're from the league." I give a short nod. The order of the miraculous and the League of Assassins had been enemies for hundreds of years, before the Order was destroyed, of course she knew I was from the League.

"You want the miraculous" another nod from me "they would be more powerful in the hands of Marinette, the girl." Where was the kwami going with this. "The miraculous won't work without her. And she's the most powerful guardian I've ever seen". She provided in an almost desperate voice

Was she trying to persuade me into taking the girl? "Plus, you have the Lazarus Pit "

"Are you proposing a deal?" I question.

She responds with a yes. "And what exactly would this deal intel?" "You revive, train, and treat her as if she were your son, Damian is his name if I am correct." I narrow my eyes at the mention of Damian. "The Order doesn't have to know you have her. And only she can wield the mircauli but she will do as you ask including using the miraculi on her missions." My eyes widen ever so slightly at this. "This goes against everything the Order stands for." I state.

"The Order are simply humans, monks, not even miraculous holders they lost most of them. Tikki and I are kwamis, gods, we hold the power not them. The other kwamis would agree, this deal is worth it to bring her back." The black cat kwami states in a strong voice.

I think for a moment "how old is she?" "

"Fourteen."

"Do we have a deal?" They question. I think before replying "Yes."

________
I would like to make a note that what i know from DC is from other fanfics so if anything is incorrect I apologize.