(24), i like her a lot

chapter twenty four; i like her a lot[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]🪷🕯🍃

[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]
🪷🕯🍃

chapter twenty four; i like her a lot[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]🪷🕯🍃

🪷🕯🍃
[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]

the five were at the airport for their flight back home to boston. it was alot of animosity shared between matt and kensly. after their argument, kensly spent the night with tienna and nick.

matt knew for sure that he was gone for. he didn't know what to do or how to make it up to kensly but whatever it was, he knew it had to be big and extreme.

"flight for boston is boarding now." the lady spoke over the intercom. they all got up and walked over to boarding.

getting passed they all looked at their tickets, tienna, nick and chris were seated next to each other. and kensly was seated next to . . . matt.

kensly rolled her eyes, sitting down by the window as matt sat down beside her. as she put on her seatbelt, she grabbed the headphones and started to touch the screen.

after the flight attendant ran over the rules and practices of the plane, they were officially now going into the air.

matt looked over, seeing how kensly's fingers were shaking. that's one of the things kensly found out that she hated, flying. she always got queasy and felt an uneasy feeling in her stomach that made her nerves run.

on their plane ride to la, she was seated next to matt and he helped her out by holding her hand. but with their situation now, he wasn't even sure if he was allowed to do that.

but he tried to anyway. he stuck his hand out, she looked over, looking from his face down to his hand. she was contemplating, stuck in between her pride and her anxiety.

she wanted to hold his hand so badly, but another part of her wanted to handle it by herself, and that's what she did, she shook her head and handled it by herself.

matt sighed, he felt defeated. he didn't know what to do, he thought that she would've at least took his hand but she didn't even do that. that's the sign that he really did mess up badly.

 that's the sign that he really did mess up badly

🪷🕯🍃
[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]

they returned back to boston and kensly was dropped off first at home due to her asking. she was now in her room, unpacking everything when her mother came in. "you're back. how was it?"

"horrible. i hate matt." kensly replied. "he told me how he really feels about me."

"what did he say?"

"he called me a naive whore."

her mother awed. "well, what did you expect honey. he's right, you are really naive."

kensly bit her lip, keeping her back turned towards her mother as she exhaled sharply. "nice to see that you care mom."

"was that supposed to sarcastic?" her mom asked but received no answer. "you know your dad's passing makes in a year next week right?"

kensly nodded. "are we going?"

"oh you're going by yourself." her mom laughed, walking out of the room.

kensly rolled her eyes, she expected this behavior from her mom. but she would've at least expected her to care about her dad or her and matt.

over at the boys' house, chris barged into matt's room with nick. "matt, you're a dumb person!" chris shouted at him.

the boy stared at his brothers with confusion. "don't look at us like that. why would you do that to kensly?" nick had his hands on his hips.

"i don't know, i was drunk." matt groaned, tugging at his hair.

"yeah well kensly says that drunk minds speak sober thoughts so you obviously felt like she was a naive—."

"please don't finish it. i already feel bad for saying it. hearing her say it along with you two just makes it harder." matt sighed. "what the fuck am i gonna do?"

"give her a big apology. show her opposite of what you said to her. you know your true feeling for kensly, and you do too."

"and those are—."

"do you like kensly matt?" nick asked him, annoyed with his brother's cluelessness.

"yes, yes i do. i like her a lot." matt confessed softly. placing his head in his hands as he sighed loudly. "it's no way she likes me back now. i fucked up. badly!"

"not even badly, something higher than badly. you fucked up so much she might hate you i—."

nick slapped his hand over chris' mouth, stopping his tangent that was making matt widen his eyes with worry. "shut up chris." he gritted through his teeth.

"hates me?" matt questioned, his voice soft. "does kensly really hate me now?" he was freaking out, standing up and pacing back and forth.

"matt calm the fuck down!" chris yelled at him. "she doesn't hate you, just doesn't like you right now."

"it doesn't make me feel any better!" matt groaned.

nick slapped chris on the shoulder, making him jump. "nice going dummy!"