09

Walking out of the elevator, Kasie was greeted with Jordan by her side as she made her way down to her office

It was one of those days for Kasie as she was currently menstruating and had to force herself to come to work today when all she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and cry.

Unfortunately the medication that was meant to subdue the painful cramps that she was currently experiencing chose not to work today. She'd never cramped on her period before so she honestly felt like she was dying.

Normally she was just very tired and hungry, but this was something way worse than she'd ever imagined it could be. It felt as though he insides were at war or something. But, as much as she wanted to just go to sleep and eat way beyond the confines of her diet, being the CEO waited for no one.

It didn't help that today would be a busy day for her since her schedule was filled to the brim with meetings, answering emails, making calls, and preparing for showings. She'd just have to settle for a miserable, tiring day in the office.

"Brief me." Kasie spoke in a monotone voice to Jordan. She didn't want to display an attitude to anyone but she also wouldn't force herself to be in a bullshit good mood.

"Two new priority clients came over the weekend; one P.I.C is complete and the other is currently in progress. The financial team meeting is set for 9am, the media team is ready by 1pm, the Niles' are set to come at 3:30pm, and you have virtual meetings from 5-8pm." Jordan spoke as she looked down at her iPad.

"Great." Kasie fought the urge to roll her eyes as she spoke sarcastically. "Thank you, Jordan."

"No problem. I also have your breakfast on your desk. Do you need anything else from me?" Jordan smiled softly. After working as Kasie's EPA for almost four years, so grew to learn the signs that meant Kasie wasn't in a good mood.

"No, that'll be all. I appreciate it." Kasie sighed once she finally reached her office door. It seemed as though the hallway grew overnight.

"Alright, I'll see you later Miss Montgomery." Jordan dismissed herself once Kasie nodded and disappeared into her office.

Once the doors closed, Kasie looked down at her watch to see that she had four hours to kill before she had to attend her first meeting with the finance team.

Walking over to her snack bar, Kasie smiled once she noticed that it had been restocked with some of her favorites. Grabbing a bag of fruit snacks and water bottle from her mini fridge, she made her way over to her desk.

Logging into her computer Kasie groaned at the influx of emails she'd received over night. Even though she stayed up until 11pm answering emails, there was still over 5,000+ more of them and it had only been six hours.

Going to the priority emails first, she read through the two of them that Jordan was telling her about. Being that the first one she saw was incomplete, she wouldn't look at it until the required documents had been submitted.

The second email had been complete to perfection and was just waiting on Kasie to respond.

The email listed the basics like contact information, location, and a brief on what they would be looking for in their home whether they wanted from Kasie and any additional requests, comments, or concerns that they had before proceeding.

After reading over the email, Kasie learned that it was a local project for a Brandy Cole-Barnes who was looking to move from Cambridge, MA to the area of Newton or Weston, MA.

The details within the application were very specific and detailed so Kasie already had a good feeling about this client.

Making sure that the deposit went through for the P.I.C went through, Kasie submitted her response and the additional documents that would need to be submitted to start the searching process, along with the instructions, and timeline of how everything would go.

Pulling a notepad from her desk drawer, Kasie made a list of everything that she wanted and needed to accomplish for the day before tending to her other emails and assigning them to her other workers depending on the specifics of the request.

By the time she finished organizing everything and assigning her clients, it was time for her meeting with finance team.

Luckily, the meeting wasn't about anything too crazy, just the normal three month check-in to make sure everything was running smoothly with her businesses.

After attending the meeting, Kasie left satisfied as KMM was still on the steady incline. At the rate that things were going, it was set that all her employees would receive a very generous pay raise in order to compensate for their time, effort, determination and the rough times of the world today.

Next she was off to pick up her lunch from Jordan's receptionist desk, as it was delivered there, and then head to meet with the media team.

In addition to her monthly check-in with the media team just to make sure that their posts were getting a good amount of interactions and views, billboards were getting the word around, and checking the statistics of their surveys, Kasie would be meeting with a tv network.

Essentially, the idea for the meeting was to negotiate and introduce the idea of Kasie getting her own reality tv show. Not only would her business life be shown, but her personal life as well.

Much to her surprise, the people on social media were very interested in her life as a business woman, but also her life as a regular, twenty-four year old woman.

After her meeting with the media team, Kasie left with a clearer mind of what they actually wanted. Although she was still confused on what made people so interested in her life. But that was something she would choose to worry about later.

And after a day full of meeting and interacting with people, Kasie was beyond drained. It was going on 10pm and all she wanted to do was begin to unwind.

Deciding that she wanted to watch some tv, she scrolled through the channels on her YouTubeTV and came across the Boston Celtics vs Golden State Warriors game.

Hesitantly, she clicked on it, and saw that the game was currently in the fourth quarter. The whole thing felt like deja vu as she saw Jayson again on the tv, in yet another game within the series.

She couldn't help but to fully submerge herself into the game as she watched. They were currently tied in the series 2-2 and Game 5, the game that was on, would determine who would take the lead.

It was an away game at the Chase Center and they were down 86-99 with 1:45 left to go. The Warriors were playing tough as they continued to drain threes and the Celtics fought to make a comeback.

The more Kasie thought about it, she frowned at the fact that Jayson had managed to pop into her head, and her world yet again, just when she had almost forgotten about him. It had been almost a month since they last saw each other, and here he was, just like she saw him in the first place.

why the fuck do i have to submit a graduation application if i'm a fucking senior?? the fuck else i'ma do other than graduate? dumb ass bitches i swea! i almost forgot about it too, damn i would've been pissed, lemme go do that.