Intro

I've written some cringy fanfic before, but this is the first time I've ever tried on Wattpad.

To motivate myself, I'm using the following prompt from the Berrypatch Community Unchained Imagination Contest: A Series of Strange Eclipses Activates Unusual Genes in People.

 For those unfamiliar with the X-men, they're basically a group of superheroes known as mutants who were born with their powers as opposed to heroes like Iron Man who built a suit or Spider-man who thinks letting glowing spiders bite him is a good idea.

For some reason, the public hates the mutants and loves the people with the shiny armor. Why? I don't know. Possibly because armor looks cool.

There are like 20 zillion X-men but here are the main ones in this story...

Scott Summers aka Cyclops: He's the team leader.   He can shoot beams out of his eyes that can destroy just about anything. People think he's emo and maybe a bit of a tight ass but really he just wants to make sure the X-men are safe and doesn't want to blast anyone to bits.

Emma Frost: She used to be called the White Queen but is now too cool for code names. She is a telepath who can turn into indestructible diamond form.  She's dating Cyclops and is very snarky.

Wolverine: His real name is James Howlett but everyone calls him Logan. He is the best at what he does. What he does is heal his own injuries, cut people with adamantium claws and drink beer. 

Alison 'Ali' Blaire aka Dazzler: She's a pop star who can turn sound into light. I'm not sure if she is really a pop star or just a one-hit wonder, but her costume has a necklace that looks like a disco ball. No other superhero can say that.

Piotr "Peter"  Rasputin aka Colossus: In case you haven't guessed, he's from Russia. He can turn his body into indestructible metal. This is different from Emma Frost who, as I mentioned, can turn into indestructible  diamond. Colossus was doing this kind of thing way before she was.

It's worth noting that the X-men were created and led by Charles Francis Xavier aka...

Professor X: He is the most powerful telepath on the planet. At least he was when the character was originally created in the 60s. He is certainly the most powerful telepath who happens to be in a wheelchair and is also bald. He is a bit of an egomanic which you can see because he named the X-men with the first letter of his last name. Sure, he will tell you the X stands for x-tra as in extra powers, but I'm not buying it. He's a professor. He should know how to spell. Otherwise, they'd be the E-men.

For continuity addicts (anyone new to this fandom can skip this paragraph) this happens before Krakoa and the Quiet Council and all that stuff, but I'm not pinning it at any other time. In this story Jean is still dead and Kitty broke off her engagement to Colossus. Jean was still alive in the comics when this happened, so you can tell I'm playing fast and loose with all this stuff. Just go with it.

All these characters are property of Marvel Comics or the Evil Corporate Mouse aka Disney. I didn't come up with them. Disney didn't either, but they might try to sue me if I said I did.