A lie you told me

A lie you told me

A lie I’ve always gotten told is ‘I promise.’ Promises are a matter of different things they can mean different things like ‘ I’ll never leave you I promise.’ Some days things can be promised and kept but the things with promises and me are that they never stick, the promises die down until there is just about nothing. Some promises are easy to break while others are harder to break but for every person who’s ever promised me something the promises were easy to break. Lies get told every day for me but I just try and ignore them, some days lies are easy to tell others are harder to tell. Lies run in my family. The multiple lies that I get told or have to say to some people to save them. Sometimes lies are to keep people from getting hurt other times. Lies are a multitude of things the same thing with promises. Promises are different things. From broken lies to many lies trying to change the view on different things. Some promises can be forever and can be forever like a friendship or in other words a love but forever doesn't always exist because if forever exists then we should be with them forever right? Forever promises are useless much like pinky promises they are a lie told with just two Pinky's connecting. I walk through the same doors everyday and the same promise appears 'I love you' ' I'll never leave' . In the end no one really tends to actually love someone; it's all just a facade for something else. Everyone always leaves at one point or another either sooner or later but the later they leave after they made the promise the harder it hurts. One day all these promises that are made soon turn into broken promises, broken souls, and a bunch of other things. Promises aren't forever and they never will be. No matter how many times I say a promise will be forever, it never will, it just turns into empty promises. Same promise, different person..