MisTakes Happen...

Mistakes Happen

Chapter 1

The look he keeps giving him gnawed at his insides. But how in the world was Zhan supposed to just let the kiss NOT be a mistake.

It was a mistake. After all, Zhan had a boyfriend. Fanxing was good to him. There was no mistake in how well he was treated by his jock boyfriend. There was no mistake that they belonged together by the university standards. The jock and the popular boy are how things worked. It was the hierarchy of Gusu University in Beijing. Therefore, Zhan had concluded that he and Fanxing belonged together. There was no mistaking it.

However, Zhan also knew there was no mistaking the way Yibo made him feel. The kiss was only a bubbling over of his desire for him. The fact that Yibo pulled him back into a second kiss added to the seductive atmosphere of that night.

Has it already been two weeks since the Fall Fest? Had it been two weeks since Zhan's lips claimed his and in return his claimed Zhan's?

Zhan licked his lips subconsciously. He could swear he still tasted the sweet flavour of Yibo on him. There was no mistake, he wanted to taste his lips again even if the kiss was a mistake.

What the hell was happening to him??

Zhan glanced slyly over Cheng's shoulder. His eyes caught Yibo's in that same penetrating stare they had begun to share since his return to Zhan's life.

Zhan swallowed, feeling the dryness prick his throat. It was so difficult to tear his eyes from Yibo. Those dark mysterious eyes caused his body to burn with lustful desire.

Yibo pushed his hand through his dark locks of hair. He swallowed as he stared up at Zhan. Zhan hadn't really avoided him. They were working on finding out who sent Lucy that letter. They are Yanli, Zhan, and him. However, Zhan was avoiding the night or more so the kiss. Perhaps he was avoiding it, too.

Yibo sighed.

He hadn't feared much in his life since seeing his grandpa's lifeless body at his feet. But fear seemed to encase him when it came to Zhan. His every move elicited a fear inside Yibo. Yibo wasn't even sure where the fear was coming from. He only knew that his heartbeat quickened as his throat went dry. He feared he'd reject him.

Rejection was his life. It was a daily routine. However, being rejected by Zhan was unthinkable to Yibo. So he played the friend or whatever it was they were acting to be. He played his part, not reality, because reality was the kiss. The one night they let real feelings explode was the moment of the kiss. Then everything went back to facades of content lives.

"Are you okay?" Cheng asked Zhan before taking a bite of his salad. It wasn't like he really cared anymore. It seemed that with Lucy gone, Zhan was lost as well. Whatever.

"Yeah." Zhan faked a smile. "I think I'm going to head home. I have a headache." Another fake smile.

"You want me to drive you home? We can pick your car up tomorrow?" Fanxing squeezed his hand gently.

Zhan fought not to jerk his hand away. He knew that Yibo was watching. Zhan didn't want to hurt Yibo or himself, for that matter. He squeezed Fanxing's hand back.

"Thanks. But I think I'm just going to take a long nap. I'll see you later tonight. Okay?" Zhan stood up before gently pecking Fanxing on the lips.

Why does it feel wrong kissing his boyfriend more than Yibo? Once again, a fake smile adorned his face.

That is what Zhan had learned since he was eleven. Fake it. He could teach a class on it. How to fake emotions to fit in with the crowd 101 rules by Xio Zhan.. It was easier than facing that he had lost his two best friends. Maybe he was the one who was the sociopath. After all, he did manipulate the situations to his liking. He kept himself guarded and perfect.

That was until Wang Yibo. He messed up everything when it came to his act.

Yibo watched Zhan leave. He turned back to his friends. He watched as Yanli and Wen Chao discussed some chemistry problems. He watched as Yanli's boyfriend played with his iPod while his girlfriend chatted with Wen Chao. Yibo smirked at how easy he fit in with Yanli and her strange friends. He knew he'd never fit in with Zhan's superficial crowd. Truthfully, had events not happened three years ago, it probably would be he, Yanli, and Zhan with the popular crowd.

Let the past be in the past.

"Listen. I'll meet up with you three later tonight. Okay?" Yibo smiled lightly as he stared at his friends. One his best friend and one that could barely tolerate him lately. The third was his best friend's new boyfriend. He was tolerable of Yibo for Yanli. He guessed Wen Chao was the same.

"Sure." Wen Chao said happily.

Wen Chao was glad to get rid of the brooding teen boy who had drama stamped on his forehead. Yanli nodded in agreement as the two went back to working on their chemistry problems. Yanli's boyfriend nodded. Yibo wasn't sure if it was affirmation to Yibo's statement or bopping his head to the music that played on his I-pod.

Yibo walked out slowly, knowing that Fanxing was staring at him as he left. He didn't trust Yibo when it came to Zhan. With good reason. Yibo thought.

The leaves beneath his feet crunched as he walked across the school campus. Yibo knew he should check out of school before leaving. He was sure Zhan had done that. He had to follow the rules. He was the one rule that Zhan had broken with that kiss. Yibo dreamed of Zhan breaking the rules again.

To be continued ......

**************

New story again...because it was bugging me, and I had to share it.

So please comment, will you dears ?

I am waiting ....

Take care
Love and luck to all ❤️
-- Yours Isa