24

Edward didn't know what was wrong with him. He was thinking about Ivy all night. It had started a few weeks after she turned. They were just small thoughts, wondering what she was up to and if she was okay. Now, he began to get anxious if Ivy was gone for long periods of time. It didn't feel like a romantic kind of obsession, it almost felt forced. Like he was made to feel that way. Something was wrong, but he didn't know what.

There wasn't anybody he could say this to, at least not yet. He was afraid it really was love, and that he had lost feelings for Bella. But that wasn't true, either. He loved Bella more than anything.

But he just couldn't stop thinking about Ivy.

Ivy, on the other hand, disappeared for long periods at a time. She went back to Egypt for a month, training with Amun and Benjamin underground in the crypts, where it was unlikely for the Volturi to find them. Then, she ventured out to Japan alone, she hiked up to Mt. Fuji in an hour.

Sometimes, she'd come back with red eyes and an insatiable thirst for blood, human or animal. Everyone knew this, but everyone had this phase for human blood as well. So, they let it be in hopes that she'd grow out of it soon.

The worst part about all of it was, she'd never call or tell them anything while she was away. They'd only find out what she did once she came back. The last time she was gone, she was away for a month. It was only because Ivy didn't want to stay in Forks. Everything reminded her of Sam. It hurt more than it should. Who would've thought an Alpha werewolf would have imprinted on an Alpha vampire? It was humorously cruel in some ways.

Everyone was worried for her, except Carlisle. The only thing that scared him was if anyone were to spot her and tell the Volturi.

"You shouldn't leave Forks anymore." Carlisle warned her. "It's really not safe, the Volturi — "

"You guys always talk about the Volturi like they're the president of the vampires or something." Ivy crossed her arms. "So why aren't they here yet?"

"We're lucky no one's coming for us now, Ivy. You wouldn't understand but as a normal vampire, we can smell you from hundreds and thousands of miles away."

"If I keep going, I might put your lives in danger as well. If you really believe it's dangerous. How about I go to Egypt once a year?"

Carlisle paused.

"Done."

Ivy nodded once and left to the living room, obviously bummed she could no longer be free to leave the country as she pleased.

She wandered into the living room, where Bella and Edward were hanging out. Ivy obviously seemed bothered.

"Carlisle's right, Ivy. The Volturi aren't to be messed with." Bella piped up.

"You've seen them?" She asked. Bella nodded. "They're kind of scary."

༻✧༺

Bella sighed, Edward wasn't paying attention to her again. It was only the second time, but it's weird that it happened more than once already. Whenever she spoke, he listened, he watched her every move. But now...he seemed distant. It felt like that time when he left her for months.

"Edward...did you hear what I said? The baby...it's kicking!"

His eyes were somewhere else, on Ivy, who was getting a book off of the large bookshelf in the living room. She then sat down on a smaller loveseat, right im front of them. Her leg rested on the knee of the other. She sunk into the seat comfortably. She acted strangely human for a vampire. It's like the two of them weren't even there.

Bella frowned. Was Edward really leaving her for Ivy? Did he love her?

Ivy sat down hazily, she wasn't being her normal, happy self. Edward had taught her too well, too. He could no longer access her thoughts, she was just like Bella now.

"Oh, yeah. I heard you, Bella. I'm sorry, I was just thinking." He apologized, taking her hand. Bella forced a smile, "Oh...okay."

"Does it hurt? In any way? You have to tell me if it's hurting you."

Bella hated the fact that Ivy was living with them, she hated it with all her heart. It wasn't fair that Ivy got to see Edward everyday, wake up and go hunting with him, playing family board games all night together. She was seething with jealousy just by thinking about it, but she couldn't help it at all. Any wife would be jealous.

She knew Ivy wasn't interested in Edward, though. Ever since Sam, Ivy hadn't been the same. Bella knew Ivy was just like her back when Edward left for Italy last year. Ivy looked the same as she did, empty and sullen. No matter how hard she tried to mask it, everyone knew.

The couple ended up staring at Ivy, before she eventually noticed. She raised a brow, "What's up, guys?" she asked, chuckling awkwardly. "Do I...have something on my face?" She tilted her head.

Edward looked away and Bella looked down, brushing an imaginary strand of hair out of her face in embarrassment.

"I better head home before my dad gets worried." Bella cut her off.

Edward got up just as fast. "I-I'll take you."

But he stopped dead in his tracks and so did Ivy, rising up from her seat and baring her fangs. The other rushed downstairs and Alice had returned immediately from the woods, fresh animal blood still on her hands.

Edward guided Bella into the corner of a room. He hid her behind his back. "What's happening?" Bella asked only to be shushed by him. They all gathered in the living room, all of them ready to fight. All eyes on the door, Ivy crept up in front.

A knock on the door made Bella flinch. It was as if whatever was behind the door knew they were all there. Ivy walked up to the door and opened it cautiously.

 Ivy walked up to the door and opened it cautiously

Stunning, shining, ruby eyes stared back at her. It was a sharp-looking vampire that looked to be in his late teens to early twenties. His posture was ominously perfect, both hands rested to the side. A small, devious grin on his face. His curly, blonde hair covered some parts of his eyes. He was dressed in an expensive coat over a black suit with a dark red tie. He looked like an angel that fell out of the sky.

"Good evening, Ivy. I'm Ace."