Chapter 1: The invatation

Gray, no sun rays, rain. Such was the morning Benoit Blanc shuffled down to his mailbox. „Bill, bill Invitation to my cousin's wedding, bill,bill... INVITATION TO MY COUSIN'S WEDDING!?"he shouted.He yelled this so loud that the old lady who was drinking her morning coffee on her balcony dropped her cup. "BLANC!!!" she yelled. He dropped the bills in shock. "Excuse me Mrs. Lesgráve," he stuttered. The old lady had jumped up and was glaring at him over the railing. Why does she have to drink her coffee right now? It's much too cold to sit outside and its raining!He thought to himself. This lady has always been weird though. Her whole style is weird. Her smell, her clothes, her apartment, everything. "Blanc," she said. That's already my third white-gold cup!" I beg your pardon again, Mrs. Lesgráve," he stuttered again. I just got an invitation to my cousin's wedding. I know that! she Said.The whole neighborhood knows that now! Having said that, she picked up her dishes and went back to her apartment. Blanc, who was now alone in his bathrobe, looked at the invitation. The paper was a bit soaked from the rain. He went back to his apartment while opening the invitation. As soon as he closed the door, he began to read the letter.
Dear Beniot,

I would like to cordially invite you to my wedding.
Please be at my forest villa on October 5th at 3pm.
Beckley, 34 Carl Vest Road, West Virginia
I hope you can come.

your emma

He had read this letter 5 times before he understood that his favorite cousin is getting married.
He sat down in his chair and thought. About what,he himself did not know exactly. He got up and took off his bathrobe. Now he was standing there naked. He always did that when he was thinking. He didn't care if other people saw him. It made him think better. "My cousin is getting married. My cousin is getting married. What should I wear!? What should I give her!? Do I even have anything to wear?!" He paced up and down his apartment. One time or another he would twitch his pecs, other times he would look down at his feet only to realize for the 1000th time that his right little toe is bigger than the left. About an hour later he stopped in the middle of his living room. How do I even get there? The wedding is in a week and I have nothing. Not even a plane ticket. He went into the bathroom where he briefly stood under the shower to let warm water trickle over his body. Then he got dressed and went back into the living room. It's raining cats and dogs now. He sat down at his computer and started to buy a plane ticket. After doing this he packed his suitcase. He wanted to be there a few days earlier to surprise her. So he left his apartment exactly one day later.