12

"So I'm guessing the meeting went well?" Brandy smirked as she looked over at Jayson who was practically glowing

"You could say that." He laughed, thinking back to the time he had with Kasie only a couple days ago.

Today was the day of their date since he had to work his camp for the kids on the weekend.

Jayson was more than excited to get to know Kasie and slowly but surely she'd been becoming more open to the idea as well.

After their time in her office, they had another conversation about how serious Jayson was about getting to know Kasie without any of the childish bullshit.

Although she was still reluctant, she eventually agreed and decided to see where the road would take them. And Jayson couldn't have been happier when she did.

Kasie definitely had him feeling different about the whole idea of relationships. He'd never been this pressed or persistent on a girl before and he was actually excited to see where they would end up.

"Wait, could see get fired from messing with you? Since you are her client and all?" Brandy frowned.

"Nah, she's her own boss, she can't be fired." Jayson laughed. The thought had run through his head as well, but then he realized that her name was literally on everything so he wasn't too worried about it.

"Oh? I like her more already." Brandy smiled widely. "When do I get to meet her again?" She asked excitedly. She could tell by the way Jayson spoke about Kasie that she was someone special and she couldn't wait to meet her.

She wasn't one to tell Jayson that he might be moving to fast or he might be getting himself to invested because for one, he is an adult who is smart and capable of making his own decisions.

And secondly because of the way he simply spoke about Kasie. She knew that it was something more than just a simple liking or crush, but it was also too early to tell exactly what it is.

"I don't know, but soon I hope. I know you'll like her." He smiled.

"I have a feeling I will. I already like how she's lifting your mood and I can see the genuine excitement on her face. I'm happy for you Jayson, just make sure you stay true to yourself. None of that cheating mess, alright?"

"Mom-"

"I know you won't, I'm just making sure you are aware that just because you're damn near seven feet tall, and all of too-damn-big, I will still beat your ass." Brandy spoke sternly.

"I didn't raise a cheater or player, so let's not start now. You understand?"

"Yes ma'am." Jayson nodded. He knew Brandy was coming from a good place so he wasn't offended plus he did have some "almost's" in his younger years in the league.

"Great. Now, shouldn't you be on your way to pick up the beautiful lady?" Brandy smiled, looking over at her digital clock that read, 2:12pm.

Jayson hadn't planned their date until tonight, but he also wanted to spend some extra time with her, so he'd be taking her to a drive-in movie before heading to their actual date destination.