𝐈

𝒊. 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘

and my cousins and i were spotters. i never join the raids. i stay home with my brother and help tend to the ikran. but today, brother jake said that there is supposed to be a huge haul of supplies coming in for the sky people. and he needed all the help he could get. you may guess what happened next.

basically, all we had to do was watch and report. my eyes wandered over the many omaticaya quickly, taking the resources such as guns, bombs, metal parts, first aid, and a bunch of junk.

my older cousin neteyam was watching the skies. insuring that no one was to us attack from above.

"bro! we have got to get down there!" my younger cousin lo'ak purposed. he was supposed to be watching the ikran, but he must have gotten distracted by all the movement below us.

"no way! dad will skin us!" neteyam voiced. i glanced over at the two and sighed. "lo'ak it is too dangerous. we should obey our orders."

he rolled his eyes and steered his ikran in the direction of the raid despite our protests. "don't be a wuss!" he teased, flying away from the two of us heading towards the other omaticaya.

"lo'ak! get back here, you!-" neteyam called out for him. but it was too late. he was too close to the ground to hear him. i heard a small groan from neteyam before he was following behind lo'ak. in that small window of time, so much had gone so wrong. i watched as the two landed in unison. norm was reaching into a container which- to my surprise was full of guns.

he handed one to lo'ak, and he began posing with it. i rolled my eyes and reluctantly followed behind neteyam.

i landed roughly on the ground and quickly disconnected my queue with my ikran, and i ran over to lo'ak.

he pointed the gun in the air and let he let out a war cry. i put my hand over it and pointed it downwards. his eyes slightly widened he was too indulged in his own fantasies to realize i was there with them.

"do you even know how to use it?" neteyam asked lo'ak. a small grin appeared on lo'ak's face, and he cocked the gun, pointing it back up. "dad taught me."

"ngenga liar! (you liar!) po would ke'u teach ngenga of all na'vi tsakem. (he would never teach you of all na'vi that.)" i told him neglecting i was subbing some english words for na'vi. i tend to do that when i am upset.

lo'ak's eyes landed on me with the words. "how would you know?"

i gagged instinctively at his response and said. "oe omum taweyka oe omum ngenga! (i know because i know you!)"