As the Music Plays

It's a pity. Such a beautiful room in such a quaint apartment, yet the odor lingers. With that, I change my mind; it is a shit hole. Perhaps if I lived here, I could class the place up some. Alas, it will stay drab and plain. Just as she was.

I lean over the vanity and stare at my reflection in the mirror. My dark, oval eyes shine bright with joy. I can't help but smirk. Clearly, I'm the beauty of the family. The music from the phonograph crawls its way out of the speaker, across the red carpet, up my legs, and into my bones. It causes my hips to start swaying. I turn from the mirror and continue to totter across the room, careful to avoid the messy parts. I hug myself while I dance slowly. My hands glide seductively across my silk slip and over my breasts. My nipples are getting hard, and I feel the heat grow warmer between my legs. Oh, how I wish there were a nice large man here to straddle right now. The night is still young.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Something about the summer heat and this evening's events has made me quite giddy. I look over to the bed. Spread across the duvet is a beautiful emerald dress. Its sparkly sequins put me in a sort of trance. I think back to when we were kids, my sister and I. While Daddy would be downstairs doting on her, I would in mama's closet hiding away with a mirror and some rouge practicing my make-up. I needed to be ready for Hollywood when it came knocking. I remember mama having a sequin dress like this. It hung in the closet, draping itself over my shoulders as I spread the red cream across my full lips. Even at 13, I knew I was beautiful. All of daddy's friends told me so as they took turns putting their fingers inside me. I bet she never got that type of attention. Little hag.

I snap myself back to the present and walk towards the dress. It has called out to me, and I would be remiss not to answer. I rub my hand over the fabric admiring the time it must take to make a dress like this. So eloquent. I step into it and shimmy as I pull it up over my curvy body. She could never fill this dress the way I can. I make my way back to the mirror and admire the transformation that has just taken place. Ms. Monroe eat your heart out. I use my fingers to separate and loosen my curls. My newly dyed red hair looks stunning against the deep green hue that flows across my hourglass figure. Just need the perfect shoes.

I walk over to the armoire and yank back on the weathered door. I scan the wardrobe for something suitable. Gross. No wonder no one wanted her. Outdated fabrics and patterns assault my eyes. I can't bear it. I look down at the small selection of shoes and find some white heels. That'll do. I grab the shoes and head back over to the bed. I sit and place my perfectly petite foot into the heel. Of course, the shoe is too large for me, but desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose.

It appears I have all I need. I best get on my way. The evening is young and I'm dying for a night on the town. I grab my purse and walk over to the other side of the bed. I kneel and look at my sister.

"Pathetic," I whisper into her ear, careful not to get any blood on me.

I stand and head towards the door. I look back at her one last time.

"Oh sissy, I almost forgot. Thanks for the dress."

I laugh as I close the door behind me and make my way into the night.