prologue // "so you guys are new to town?"

Sam and Dean step out of the Impala in front of the new bar that's opened not too far away from the bunker, it was Dean's idea to check the place out as he had heard word that they can whip up a mean beer.

Sam didn't particularly want to go, he was tired and wanted to get back to the bunker and sleep, but Dean was insistent on the matter, so Sam followed him into the building, they were imminently greeted by the smiley faces of Castiel and Gabriel Novak.
"Hi there, what can we get for you?" Castiel smiled at Dean.

"Just a beer thanks," Dean turned around to look at Sam, "Do you want anything Sammy?" he asked.
"No thanks, Dean"
Castiel smiled and walked away to get Dean's drink, Gabriel stayed behind and made idle small talk with Sam.

"So are you guys new to town?" Sam asked Gabriel. 
"Yeah we are actually, We only just moved here about a month ago."
"Oh really? Where do you guys live?" Sam asked, curiously.

"Not too far away, we live near that old bomb shelter-looking thing a couple of blocks away"
"You guys don't live that far away from us then" Sam giggled.
"Really? Where do you guys live?" Gabriel asked, curious.
“My brother and I live in that 'bomb shelter-looking thing'" Sam said, using quotations.
Gabriel laughed, just then Castiel came back with Dean's beer.

"One beer for you, sir." Castiel places the beer in front of Dean.
"So I don't believe we ever caught your names?" Castiel said, looking up at them both.
"Yours as well sunshine" Dean smirked at Castiel.

"My name is Castiel, and that's my brother, Gabriel," Castiel said, pointing at the brown-haired man next to him.
"Well I'm Dean and that's my brother Sammy," Dean said, smirking at Sam.
"It's Sam, Sammys the name of a chubby-year-old," Sam says, shooting daggers at Dean.

"Okay okay, understood Sammy." Dean laughs.
"Dean, can we go? my chest hurts" he looks at Dean.
Okay, just give me a minute to finish this beer”
Sam started getting up and heading for the door as Dean chugged the rest of his beer.
They both leave the bar, not before Dean leaves the bartenders their numbers, then they walk towards the doors of the Impala, when they get inside Dean turns around to face Sam.
"How long have you been wearing your binder?" Dean asksSam. Sam hesitated, as he looked down at Dean.
"Sam? How long have you been wearing it?" Dean looks at Sam, worried.
"I haven't taken it off since we leftCalifornia" Sam mumbles.

"Sammy, that was two days ago.." Dean says with a tone of concern in his voice.
“I just can’t stand looking at myself in the mirror!” Sam exclaimed.

"I get that Sam I do, but this isn't safe, you might have seriously bruised your ribs.”
“It's not like we get injured regularly!” Sam rolled his eyes at Dean.
"Sam there's a difference between getting hurt hunting, and doing it intentionally."
Dean says, worried.
"I know." Sam mumbles.
"So let's go home, get you out of that binder, and into something comfy, and watch some movies, capiche?" Dean says, authoritatively.
"Capiche" Sam says.