11

They hadn't been able to meet at the park for the last three days due to nonstop rain

They hadn't been able to meet at the park for the last three days due to nonstop rain. Neither of them wanted to risk getting sick when the Festival was just days away.

Those three days gave Bakugou time to reflect on his strange behavior lately, like how he spent a few more minutes on his appearance in the mornings, spraying himself with cologne as if he wasn't going to come home coated in sweat and dirt. He'd even tried to tone himself down whenever her stupid friends were around... which lasted about thirty seconds before they'd had to restrain him from attacking some Troll Doll reject, who'd wandered over to pull Sana away, but not before purposely provoking the ash blonde.

For "shits and giggles," he'd claimed.

But the way that dumbass just crinkled her nose and laughed as she'd run off with the unknown boy was so damn cute and irritating that it only fueled his rage.

Or how her quirk lingered within his veins long after they'd finished training for the day, as if he needed a reminder of how she was slowly worming her way into his life. Lately the strawberry blonde had consumed his every waking thought. Almost every night, his dreams were plagued by twinkling eyes and patronizing smiles. She played a starring role in his favorite nightmares. Her smart mouth drove him insane, and her soft touch made his heart stutter. She'd gotten bolder by the day, often calling him by his first name when they were alone. Sana was touchy-feely with everyone, but she made it a point to wrap herself around his arms and torso like a boa constrictor whenever she felt like it.

She'd fiddled with his hair in class during one of the less interesting lectures and now she was obsessed. "It's so soft," she'd said in amazement. He'd rather shave his head than admit it, but feeling her fingers gently comb through his hair felt nice. Of course, he had to throw a fit every time she did so, but she'd just slap his shoulder lightly, force his head to face forward, and continue. He'd then slouch in his chair, his arms tucked under his chin petulantly.

The rest of their friends got a kick out of it.

It was now Saturday morning. He'd just received a text from Sana in the Bakusquad group chat inviting them to her house to hang out later that night. Her reasoning being that they were all working so hard lately, and what better way to relax and let off steam than to have fun with your friends? He could easily think of a dozen better things to do, but some part of him was hesitant to turn down the offer.

Bakugou pulled out his phone, scowling at the blinking line as he debated if he should text first or not. Luckily, Sana made the decision for him.

Sent 10:04am
Be there by 8 or I'll flambé your ass

The blonde shook his head, fighting the smile threatening to curve his lips. No. He'd rather go shopping with his mother than spend the night stuck in a room with a bunch of stupid extras.