13

Sana ended up placing fourth in the first event, having been blown back by the wind of Midoriya's impressive display in the last leg of the race

Sana ended up placing fourth in the first event, having been blown back by the wind of Midoriya's impressive display in the last leg of the race. All in all, she was just happy to have made it in the top 5 so early on in the competition. There was still plenty of time to climb to the number one spot.

The second event was a cavalry battle—a team challenge.

As Midnight explained how the points would be assigned, Sana heaved a sigh of relief. She'd never been more grateful not to come in first place than this very moment. Ten million points was too much. Everyone would be gunning for Midoriya in the upcoming challenge. At least with all eyes on him, she could slip through to the finals with ease, saving as much of her energy—and special attacks—as possible. She didn't want to show too much too soon and give her competition time to plan counterattacks for the one on one fights.

The students were given a few minutes to divide into teams. I have to think about this carefully. Any wrong decision could cost me a spot in the finals. Who do I want-

"Umm... e-excuse me, S-Sakano...?"

Sana turned to face a faint-looking Midoriya. The poor boy was trembling from head to toe, his large puppy eyes swimming with tears. His naturally pale complexion was now gray and ashen, with sweat rolling down his face like rain. "Midoriya," she hesitated, having a terrible feeling of why he was approaching her. He's so pitiful that I almost want to say yes. Uraraka lingered behind him, her hands fidgeting nervously.

"Your quirk is incredibly useful." He babbled nervously. "It can be great for close combat or long range attacks, defense or offense." He took a deep breath. "I was wondering if- uh, well... if you would-"

Sana yelped in surprise, her body moving against her wishes.

For the second time that day, a hand had grabbed her out of nowhere. She was whirled around, only to come nose to nose with a scowling Katsuki Bakugou. Big surprise. They were so close that she could feel his warm breath on her cheek, his chest brushing against her's with every rise and fall. Those ruby eyes will be the death of me.

"The hell are you doin' with Deku? You wanna fuckin' lose?"

"W-wait, Kacchan-" Bakugou stormed away from the desperate greenette, ignoring his protests as he dragged Sana behind him.

"Sorry, Midoriya!" She called over her shoulder. "Good luck!" Now, to confront her kidnapper. "There are nicer ways to get a girl's attention, you know?" She remarked dryly.

"Shut it." Sana rolled her eyes with a huff.

Bakugou came to a stop in front of a large gathering of people. Some of them she recognized, but overall, most of the faces were unfamiliar. Students from every course were vying for a spot on the explosive blonde's team. Sana herself wasn't sure how well this would turn out. After all, the words "team player" don't often come to mind when describing Bakugou.