15

WARNING: lots of angst in this chapter

WARNING: lots of angst in this chapter. Touya Todoroki is mentioned, and for the sake of this fanfic, he will be aged down to 4 years older than Shoto and Sana. Enjoy the chapter!

The second round of battles were even more intense than the first

The second round of battles were even more intense than the first. Bakugou was pitted against Kirishima, who'd won an arm wrestling match against his Class B doppelgänger in a tiebreaker. Sana herself would be engaging in a battle against Ole Greased Lightnin' himself.

And to top it off, the big rivalry of the day would come to a head in the last match of the round: Midoriya vs. Todoroki.

Why do you keep getting in my way, Izuku Midoriya? Her jewel-like burned holes in the back of Midoriya's bushy head. She hissed out a breath in irritation. Mina nudged her to get her attention.

"So... who is it?" She giggled.

"What are we talking about?"

"You can drop the act." The pinkette leaned in close with a devious smirk. "Denki already spilled the beans. So," she poked her arm with a perfectly manicured nail. "Who's the lucky guy?" Jirou, who was sitting with Momo in the row in front of them, subtly pointed her earjack in their direction.

"Right," she nodded slowly with a deep sigh. "That." Sana glanced down at the arena, where two of their friends were stretching. She turned away just as the ash blonde raised his head. "I don't think it's going to work out."

"What?" Mina gasped, a distressed expression on her face. "No! Why?"

Jirou dropped her act, now fully turned in her seat to join the conversation.

Sana bit her lip. It's not that she didn't trust the two girls, but her feelings for Bakugou were complicated, especially on days like today where his abrasive personality successfully pushed her away. She didn't think Bakugou would appreciate her airing their problems in front of the entire class. This chaotic, beautiful bond they share was theirs alone. She cherishes their relationship; this unspoken, undefined thing. Whatever it is that they have is delicate, and Sana didn't want to be the one to break it.