17

Because of the short deadline, everyone was scurrying to pick an internship and turn it into Mr

Because of the short deadline, everyone was scurrying to pick an internship and turn it into Mr. Aizawa before the end of the day. Thankfully, Present Mic gave them free time after completing a worksheet to look over their options one last time. "Hey," Sana whispered. The ash blonde in front of her didn't react. She smacked his shoulder when he refused to respond. "Who did you choose?" Bakugou turned his head back with an annoyed expression.

Neither of them had brought up the kiss. Their interactions were as chaotic as ever, though, both of them enjoying riling the other up even more now. They'd made their feelings perfectly clear yesterday—no more games.

Bakugou had taken Sana's displays of affection in the past with a grain of salt, aware of her overly friendly nature. He knew he'd been crushing on the strawberry blonde for awhile now, but he hadn't planned on acting on said feelings until they were in second or third year, after cementing his place at the top. Dating was something he'd never given any thought to, having been too swept up in his own head. He'd always assumed that mushy crap like that was beneath him. But there wasn't a single part of him that regretted what happened on that rooftop. He'd imagined kissing her for weeks—months. Every time she opened her mouth to say something annoying or sarcastic he'd wanted nothing more than to shut her up with a kiss.

Sana wasn't the weak, pathetic extra he'd thought she was. She shattered his initial view of her every chance she got, consistently proving how strong and capable she was to those around her. He was right to compare her to Deku at the beginning of the year after all. They both had more perseverance than he gave them credit for.

There was one thing they could agree on, which was that no one could know what happened. Whether this is a casual thing (which they hoped wasn't the case), or something more, they both wanted to keep it on the down low for as long as possible. It wasn't that Bakugou was ashamed of the Sakano beauty or vice versa. It came down to privacy. Intimate moments like yesterday didn't need to be shared with anyone else. Their classmates, while total sweethearts, were a little too nosy for their own good sometimes. Bakugou saw firsthand how effected Sana was by the incident with the reporters, how uncomfortable their prying made her. That was why he'd stepped in to help, even though at the time he wasn't sure why he'd bothered.

Maybe, without his knowledge, a part of him had known, even back then, what fate had in store. He could feel their red strings, so intricately tangled it would be nearly impossible to unravel them, pulling the two closer and closer each passing day.

"Isn't it obvious? The pro with the highest rank," he grunted, kicking his foot up on the desk.

Sana flipped through her packet in boredom. "I have it narrowed down to two, and they're both pretty high in rankings." She dropped her forehead on the desk with a groan. "I don't know who to choose."