The Gemstone Kingdom

Prologue

*flashback*

I looked out my window and saw the sky was as black as my Papas leather boots. I knew it was happening today was the day. The day I would go to fight, the day I would see friends die and possibly die myself. The king had commanded all teenagers into battle. I am Emily and I'm 18, at this age children from all over the kingdom are sent out to fight in the royal army. Normally only boys were enlisted but because of the war with the goblins and war lords of the northern kingdom, our 'resources' were running low. The king calls us his resources because truly that's all we are to him.

But this time it was different no one was allowed to kill The King of the north because he was the kings true son. The king's wife hadn't been able to have kids so he had the lords and ladies of the 12 kingdoms give up their first born to be his own , but none of the children looked like his wife so he abandoned them with out telling the lords and ladies. Unlike these children's ancestors they each were connected to a dragon. Only the rulers of the whole kingdom were usually connected to dragons. This link was created thousands of years ago when a great king saved the dragon queen and she connected her blood to his in order to protect him. Because of this bond the kings dragon decided to give his life in exchange for the queen to have a child. When this child was born his dragon hatched out of a blood red and black egg, the child was named Ryan Albert Rhinehood and his dragon was named Thalon. The boy was nicknamed true son because he was the only child that came from the king and his wife.

One day king Darius and his son were hunting and they found the pool of life. The pools spirit only allowed u to drink from the pool if u answered a riddle correctly. The son tried 3 times but couldn't figure it out. As for the king he got his riddle correct on the first try, when he drank the crystal liquid from the pool the spirit told him he had been given 4 extra lives. That meant the king wouldn't die unless he was killed 5 times. Ryan thought that wasn't fair because it also meant he would have to wait even longer before he acquired the throne. Soon the boy started to plot against his father, after 6 months he fled to the north and became king. Even so he wasn't content and all he wanted to do was get revenge on his father so he sent his father cursed dreams warning him about the other 12 children calling them the Gemstone Heirs. The king grew paranoid and started to suspect that those children were somewhere in the kingdom. So he started to search for them in secret.

...............................................................

📋Sorry I'm an awful writer and sometimes I have no ideas so some of the stuff is jumbled up but I will try to clear things up for anyone just comment on what u want explained!

Thnx for reading -shadowblair