Dream in an Ice Cave

There was a breath of fresh air, a feeling of being free when he was around her, but then there was in the back of Sebastian 's mind this idea that he and Elsa were actually quite similar, being that they'd always had a liking towards winter and icy things. And while he was in Dreamlight Valley, he really didn't have to think about what was going on outside the valley, let alone whatever the reason was that he was stuck there.

The one thing he did know was that when he arrived at a place he 'd not been since childhood, for whatever reason, he could feel again, and he felt—

Well, there was Elsa and everyone else with everything in the other valley, including the name forgotten, or not so much forgotten as he could remember, but more of a thing that was on the back of his mind.

The weather was never too hot, for starters, and when the rain came, he could busy himself doing whatever he was doing and dry his clothes by the fireplace in his home. And Maru wasn 't there to be compared to, not to mention he enjoyed his time with Elsa in particular. It was—

Magical, being able to feel again. One might say not feeling before, holding back the feelings from exploding out and existing, in fact, hurt, but that wasn 't what he meant by feel again. And true—the feelings weren't something he'd felt before, the time he'd been there before, but then he'd been a child rather than an older teen. So it shouldn't be surprising that he had fallen for her, although there was part of him in his mind that asked whether she would have fallen for him.

"I think not. It's nice simply not having anyone to get on my case for not being what they expected. Here, I am what is expected," he thought to himself. "Or maybe what I expected of myself."

And then—

One day, he was visiting her in the cave, not thinking anything of her hands clenching nervously because the person in front of him was, in fact, Elsa, someone just as socially awkward as himself when she said, "You know. The first time—was it really the first time, though?"

"Was it the first time for what?" Sebastian said.

"Falling in love."

Sebastian stiffened, the subject he was never ready for, never felt prepared for coming up, and yet there was that little voice in the back of his head as his breath came out cold in the ice cave. He looked up at the sky, wondering what kind of luck he might have, although being rejected didn 't feel like a kind of bad luck given how his relationship with Abigail went; with the fact, unlike Abigail, he never expected Elsa to stock him.

And—

"It was an arranged marriage, and I was infatuated with him but was it because it was an arranged marriage, and I was excited about what the kingdom wanted for me? Or is this first love."

"What..." Sebastian turned to look at her, which was when their lips touched.

"Sorry! I should have asked. But I had to know. And I know I definitely feel," Elsa said. "It's alright, though, if you don't reciprocate."

"No. I do. I just..." Sebastian looked at the ground. "I'm probably just as awkward as you at this?"

"That?" Elsa laughed. "That makes sense. But also, I'm quite happy."

"Yeah. I've been quite happy since coming to the valley."