𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒- 𝐷𝑎𝑧𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑐𝑘

"Well, that'll be them." Steve nodded as he pushed away from the couch, strolling through one room and into the other.

Max and Dustin continued hushed conversation, chatting to one another without a care in the world.

Robin looked towards Eddie who caught her eye in a concerning gaze. He blinked, lowering his eyebrows in a questioning way.

Buckley pursed her lips and smiled in return, averting the question and hiding her nerve. She was only slightly on edge, but it didn't surprise her that Munson had noticed. He had a knack of calling out secrets.

It was kind of scary, actually.

Muffled voices travelled through the building... one female voice, and then another.
It was typical that they just had to show up at the same time.

Robin peered down to the ripped skin around her nails. She'd been picking at it recently, unconsciously worsening the area as she continued. It was an action caused through anxiety; a repetitive thing that bought safety in scary situations. She needed to stop, though, because it made her chipped varnish even more visually displeasing.

Before long, Steve was stepping back through the dining room, followed closely by a careful Heidi and a comfortable Nancy.

"So, Heidi, this is Eddie-" he gestured as his date smiled into the room, cheery eyes glinting under the light. She nodded in greeting, "-and this is Dustin, Max... Robin. And, of course, you've just met Nancy... Everyone, this is Heidi."

Once the names were imported into the conversation, Steve's date stepped forward in politeness, shaking Eddie's closest hand and shooting a smile at the others in the room. She seemed taken aback by Munson's uniquely dark style, but nonetheless continued.
Her eyes panned and landed upon Robin's just as Nancy's did, too.

"Robin! You must be Steve here's best friend! I've heard so much about you."
The tone sounded slightly sour.

"Uh, yes, that'd be me." She nodded in return. Robin could already tell what was being thought.

"Pleasure. Well, it's lovely to meet you all."

"Same goes." Dustin smiled and Max quietly nodded.

The newcomers stepped closer, walking around the furniture and strolling towards their seats.
Steve had linked his arm onto Heidi's back with a strangely out-of-character gentleman's etiquette, and Buckley could see Nancy analysing it from the corner of her eye. He must've really taken a liking towards the woman.

He was leading her towards the farthest couch, leaving Nancy to take the only other space. And, just like that, the cushion beside Robin sunk slightly.

"Hi again, Rob."

Buckley gulped down her surprise.
"Hi, Nancy. How's things?"

"Things are good." She returned, nodding slowly into the words- but, the two didn't have to communicate for long before Eddie had his say.

"Anyways, Harrington," he called, placing his legs upon the base of his chair, "what movie are we watching?"

Steve blinked.
"Oh- yeah- I never told you guys. Well- would you like to explain, Heidi? Since it is your favourite, after all."

Robin saw his snuggled-up-look and practically gagged. Nancy and herself met eyes with a semi-disgusted glare. They were both thinking exactly the same thing; he was trying to make another good impression, it seemed.

His date smiled.
"Of course! So, you guys might of seen it already, but perhaps not... it's called Splash, and it's about a boy who is rescued by... get this... a mermaid, and he returns years later and it basically happens again."