𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒- 𝐴 𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡, 𝑎 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑘, 𝑎 𝑚𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑟𝑦

Robin didn't know when she had started crying, or when her tears had started soaking the whitened pages. It was a sentimental moment, to be writing upon the paper which once held such a reliant. It was crazy to her how she'd almost forgotten it's existence, it's memories.
When most of her remembered life was spent upon her bed or desk hunched over a book, it was quite a hard forgetter.

She placed down her pen onto the beige carpet beside. Her crossed legs were aching, needing a stretch and some sort of movement. Robin had no idea how long it had taken her to force out the words, but she'd done it, and that must've counted for something.

The alarm clock on the bedside table read the numbers 8:44.
Steve would be awaking soon... probably.

It was quite nerve wracking to be alone with nothing but thoughts, and the outcome of thinking absolutely terrified her. There was no doubt that Harrington would be frantically calling as soon as he realised Robin's lack of presence, and the idea of an excuse wasn't coming easily.
How in the world was she meant to explain why she darted away from his house stupidly early in the morning?
Buckley didn't know. Buckley didn't know anything.

However, just as expected, it didn't take long for the telephone to start ringing.

She gulped, she swallowed, she walked over to her bedside table, she picked up.

"Robin?"

"You're up earlier than usual."

"It seems that you are, too. Where the hell are you?"

A pause.
"I'm at home."

"Well- uh, yeah, I guess that was a bit of a stupid question, since you picked up. Why are you not at mine? You okay?"

Robin bit the side of her cheek slightly, twisting the cable wire in between her fingers.
"I dunno, I guess that I just wanted to come home. Sorry for concerning you, if I did."

"You're safe though, yeah? Don't tell me you walked all the way home before I was even awake?"

"I might've done. And yeah, of course I'm safe, why wouldn't I be?"

"There are many reasons, Robin. You know that."

"I guess so."

"What is it with you guys constantly leaving my house all of a sudden? You'd of thought it was haunted, or something. Same with Nancy last night- what was happening with her again?"

Nancy. Last night.
Nothing happened last night. Nothing happened last ni-
They kissed last night. Nancy kissed her last night, and it was completely out of nowhere.

"Ha, no, not haunted- although I wouldn't be surprised. Nancy's okay, just overtired, I think."

Overtired.

"Well, that's good to hear. I might give a quick call after this one to make sure. Have you spoken to her since?"

"No, I haven't."

She had. However, she was afraid that if she owned up to the fact, she'd end up spilling more than she could mop.

"Oh, alright then. Good to know that you're safe. I'll see you at work soon?"

Work. Robin had completely forgotten that Family Video was even a thing. She had been so caught up in other events that the thought of normal day-to-day life seemed foreign.

"Yeah, will see you then, if not before."

"Sounds good. Bye, Rob."

"Bye, Steve."

And with that, Buckley slammed down the phone.
It was refreshing to know that her best friend at least cared about her enough to know where she was, but now the thought of Nancy spilling to Steve was another burden in her mind.

She'd of thought that it was common sense to not mention the events of the night before, but Robin wasn't entirely sure that she trusted Wheeler's thought process. Maybe she would mention it to turn Steve against her, to make Steve rethink and then despise the thought. Perhaps it was a test... a trick... a mockery.
Perhaps they'd been planning it all along.