inevitable parting

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Please note that I am deranged, before reading this, so it might or might not eat your last braincells.
Otherwise have a nice day!

I am not in your walls.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

T'was a dark and rather stormy night.

For the last few days, the sky had been of a grim appearance, dark clouds shrouding the cold autumn sun enveloping it in its darkness.
Rain was fairly common at these times of the year, but the resentment which came with still posed a challenge to those with an already decaying sense of self.
The gloomy atmosphere could be felt in every home far and wide and none dared go outside as they feared for their health under such conditions.

Franz Kafka sat in front of his fireplace and contemplated the meaning of life as per usual.
The soft light of the fire illuminated his pale features, dead eyes glaring into the flames.
The rain hammered lazily at the glass window as if trying to break through, itself searching for the warmth of the fireplace and a constant rhythm in the back of his mind, the only thing to ground himself in the current moment instead of drifting away in the seas of self-deprecation.

POV change:

You awoke, as you opened your eyes, most curiously, none of what you saw was familiar to you in the slightest.
Your clothing was drenched, t-shirt sticking to your body and just now you realized that it was pouring and that you've been laying on a rather uncomfortable cobblestone street, luckily dead at night. No vehicles in sight.
Slowly you heaved yourself up now standing on the sidewalk, your bones aching after having laid on solid ground for so long. The rain blurred your sight and you more or less stumbled until you reached the door of the nearest house you could find.
After desperately pounding on the door with your bare fists and being answered with indifferent silence you stumbled onto the next few doors, being ignored at each one of them.

At the fourth building a dim light shone blurrily through the dusty front window, filling you with hope at the presumed people inside.
Your timid knocks at the wooden entryway were ignored at first, hopelessness rising in your chest, but after a few more minutes of contemplating your next move, trying not to hyperventilate and this strange situation the door opened with a soft creak, a lanky dark-haired man staring at you from the other side.
You could barely make out his face, as the warm light from inside shrouded his front in shadows, but you could imagine his perplexed expression.
"Please, Sir, may I come inside?" you asked shuddering, the cold water running down your spine and arms wrapped around yourself in a half-hearted attempt to preserve some dignity and comfort.

"I'm in need a roof over my head. I'm afraid I won't make it through the night otherwise."
The man still not having spoken a single word until now, stepped aside and let you in closing the door behind you.
A wave of warmth came over you, noticing a fireplace as the one singular light source in this room.

Your clothing, still drenched, dripped onto the floor forming a small puddle beneath your feet reflecting your disoriented expression.
Your gaze fell upon the stranger, expecting to be glared at angrily.

Instead, you were met with a blank face staring at you. Thanks to the light inside you could now see him in full detail.
His face was sharp and angular, eyes sunken in and tired, his dark hair tousled, half-heartedly combed back so they would not fall into his face. He, in general, seemed mentally absent, in a way that sleepwalking people are.

"Thank you, I really appreciate you letting me into your home at this hour. My apologies, I must look terrible in this state."
No words still, and he seemingly tried his hardest to keep a certain distance, standing hunched over in way that made you believe that he did not want to be perceived.
Then just as you were accustomed to the one-sided conversation you heard him mumbling something that sounded like "no problem, really" as he turned to the fireplace.

"You must be freezing" he said, now a bit louder, more understandable
"Warm yourself, I'll get you some spare clothes. I'd rather not have someone passing away in here, that would be a shame, even for me." With that he turned back, disappeared in the adjoining room for a brief minute.

He returned, a neatly folded stack of linen in his spindly hands, which he gave to you by laying it on a nearby stool and gesturing you to take it, still seeming to be wary of getting too close to you.

"You must think I'm very rude, the way I carry myself, but I assure you I am merely ill, alas contagious, I do not want to infect you." He told you after taking notice of the questioning look on your face.

The pale complexion, sunken in eyes and scrawny physique could've been a hint.

"Thank you for your hospitality, I cannot state enough how grateful I am."
"It's nothing."
After changing into your new clothes in the nearby room and wringing out your old ones, you sat on the floor in front of the fireplace, next to the strange man. Even though the new shirt and trousers were a bit too large and you probably seemed a bit lost in them they were quite comfortable.
The fire did the rest to make you feel completely at peace.

The other one had been observing the flames silently for quite a bit, flames reflecting in his eyes, as you thought of asking him for his name, which he told you was Franz.

"But please, do not tell me your name, lest I get attached, just additional burden in the face of our inevitable parting."

Then he turned himself into a rather cute bug y'know the ones with the wittle button eyes n legs, and looked at you seductively gloomy.
"I am bug" he sayed and looked deep into your orbes. But yoz saw him as person few moment ago? ( weird you thozght) you standed up and locked at the animal on the floor. "yes your a bugr I can see am not blind babygurl" you whispered teares in your ice arms clutched to youre chest.
"I must go now the world needes a bug prince lord and I am the kast one of them"
You nodded because you knew the heavy responisibliyteis being a bug bore.
Franz jumped into the flames not to be seen again.

Just as he said, the parting was inevitable, but maybe the memories made together will continue to bloom in your dreams nourishing your spirit in moments of forlornness and anguish.