18

"Ay Deuce, you wanna watch them feed the penguins?" Jayson asked him as they all walked towards the penguin colony, through a neon lit tunnel that was surrounded by floor-to-ceiling fish tanks

"Yes! Penguins!" He cheered while he jumped excitedly.

As they were about to walk over into the penguin colony, Jayson noticed that Kasie's hand wasn't attached to his anymore, making him turn to see where she went.

When he turned around he saw her admiring the fish as they swam by in the tank, her eyes following some of the turtles, since they were her favorite.

Jayson pulled out his phone to take a picture of her before grabbing her attention.

"'Roe, you coming ma?" He asked, smiling once he noticed a bright, genuine smile on her face.

"What?" He asked.

"Look. You see that one?" She pointed towards a turtle who was moving slower than the others.

"Yeah, what about it?" He tilted his head.

"It's older, but look at how the young one helps it whenever it swims by."

They watched and waited, and as she said, a younger turtle came by, and helped the older one swim before it eventually ended up lower and moving slower than the others.

"You saw it?" She asked with her face lighting up like she was a kid in a candy shop.

"Yeah." He nodded. "You still want to adopt one in the future?" He asked, referring to one of their many late night talks.

"Yeah, a couple probably." She shrugged, reaching to hold his hand that was open to her.

"Where are we going?" She asked, hoping that they weren't about to leave. Although they had seen almost everything with an exception of the penguins.

"The penguins. We're not leaving yet ma. I promise." He chuckled, walking towards the penguin colony while Deuce held Kasie's other hand.

"Okay." She chirped as he so easily read her mood. Walking into the penguin colony, Deuce went up to the clear plastic barrier to get a closer look at some of them.

Kasie looked around and frowned once she noticed the Rockhopper penguin that strongly resembled "Lovelace" from Happy Feet.

"What you frowning for?" Jayson asked. It was honestly crazy with how quickly he could sense the slightly change in her face or mood, whether it be good or bad.

"It's that lil bitch from Happy Feet." Her frown remained as she mugged the penguin.

"'Roe, what?" He laughed, caught off guard from her vulgarity.

"That lil shit from Happy Feet, Lovelace. Rememebr?" She looked up at him with the most serious expression. It didn't help that they had recently watched both Happy Feet 1 & 2, so Lovelace was heavy on her mind.