1

Maura hey long time no see. Wow, Jane how long has it been ? Maybe ten years. I see you are the Chief Forensics Medical Examiner here. Yes. Your niece told me you lived here and was doing well as a lawyer. Yes I do pretty well for myself you know that before I left our home and you. I was sorry to hear about your parents. Thank you. I understand you will be the attorney against me trying to prove my office was wrong? Yes, I am. Good luck. Same to you.

We both walk into the court room and the honorable Caleb Castille is the judge assigned to our case.
We all seat as imstructed. Ann Wersching is the district attorney who I will be going against and a friend. Actually Caleb is too but right now we are professionals to hire to do a job. Ann and I both state our opening statements. Unfortunately, we don't get to go further due to my client Albert Evans having a heart attack and dying in the court room. Maura unsuccessfully tries to revive him.

Everyone who isn't a lawyer, a law enforcement officer or a doctor please leave my court room.

Everyone who isn't what Caleb states gets up and leaves.

Dang it Ann I told you he was not feeling and needed to be in the hospital, but you and whoever your quacks you had examine him prior to the proceedings started he was strong enough to withstand a trial. Jane I am not a medical doctor. I went by Dr. Olivia Martin's evaluation. Ann says, I don't know what caused him to have a heart attack. We will have to wait and see what Dr. Maura Isles and her team come up with. I could only do what I knew from his test results and my examination of him yesterday at the hospital. It can be anything that caused him to have a heart attack. Jane please be patient and don't start blaming people. Our niece could only do what she was hired to do. Us doctors are not God. Yeah yeah! Dr. Isles I want him to have an autopsy done asap. I will personally do it myself Judge Castell . I will let both attorneys know as soon as I find out. In the meantime, everyone leave and go do your jobs. I guess I have the rest of the day off to go golfing.

Caleb and most of everyone else leaves except for myself, Maura and two employees who come to get his body to take to the sheriff's building which Maura works out of.

Maura I would like to be there while you examine him. Jane you can be present but only if you let me and the others do our jobs and you wait in my office. No talking, no knocking on my office glass to try to ask or get my attention. Maura you use to allow me to be present and closer. True but your no longer a homicide detective. Okay. fine.

The rest of us leave the court room.