➪ 𝑰'𝒎 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒐 𝑺𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝑴𝒚 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆.

~ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝘼𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙄𝙣 𝘽𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙.

~ 𝙊𝙧 𝙢𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙣-𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣.

What if is Arisu was the only survivor?

Summary: Arisu makes it back to the place he first arrived: Shibuya. He then reminisces about friends and enemies alike, and how he could've saved them from their deaths.

Arisu trudged slowly through the deserted and overgrown Shibuya.

However many months ago, the city would've been teeming with life and laughter.

Grown-ups doing last minute shopping before they finally got to go home and see their partners and children after a hard day at work, or students walking together in groups, grabbing a coffee, and just enjoying their adolescence before the stress of adulthood took over.

Yet the fondest moment by far for Arisu was when his friends decided to drag him out of his bedroom and take him to have some fun, and hell he was glad they did.

All the fun times they had shared. Running around like no one was watching, him on Karube's shoulders with Chota speeding up to try and keep up with the others stamina.

Getting yelled at for laughing to loudly as they ate ramen and talked about anything and everything they could think of, (they never did run out of things to talk about. As soon as one conversation ended, another would arise just as quickly.)

He would never forget the way the two looked at him during these times, eyes filled with adoration and support. That was the exact moment he knew he was never going to be alone, with them by his side, he could get through anything.

But then again, that was all they were. Memories.

They were nice to remember, and he would replay them over and over in his mind like a broken record.

He revels in these memories, lying on the uncomfortable concrete ground, pretending it was the opposite- his own bed.

Instead of walking around alone, he would imagine he was still with his friends, new and old.

He would talk to them, laugh with them, cry with them. Why should he care if people stared at him? There was no one to judge him anyway, no one to think he was crazy.

No, they were all dead.

He really thought he could survive this mess, him and everyone else, and that they would all find a way to get back to the real world, forget all about this and maybe even become friends with the people he couldn't before.

He collapses on a dirty bench, letting his legs rest after what felt like years have walking. All he could do was stare hopelessly at the surroundings. How did he manage to end up in this place? Everything was going so well...

Chishiya had warned him about this though, he shouldn't have garnered such high hopes about the situation. Usagi had always been positive, he recalled.

She had shown it multiple times throughout their little adventure, the best being when they were playing the Queen of Spade's game: Tag.