(26), hate this day

chapter twenty six; hate this day[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]🪷🕯🍃

[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]
🪷🕯🍃

chapter twenty six; hate this day[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]🪷🕯🍃

🪷🕯🍃
[ 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 ]

a year is what it has been that marks kensly's father's death. it was the day her bestfriend, and superhero left the earth, and the day her relationship with her mom changed forever.

kensly was now at the graveyard. she had on his jacket that was oversized for her as she sat down on a blanket with the black and blue flower bouquet in her hand as she dragged the hood over her head.

"i guess this makes a year huh? i hate this day." kensly softly said, placing the bouquet in front of his tombstone. "alot of things have happened lately dad. you remember matt? of course you do you always liked matt. we always liked matt. well our friendship is practically over. we were in la at a party and things just went south.

"and i don't know what to do dad." she sighs. "i really really like matt, he was my bestfriend and now . . . i don't even know." she lays her head on her arms as she hunches over. "if me and matt are meant to stay in each other's lives can you tell God to show me a purple butterfly? please."

matt had just pulled up to the graveyard. he knows how much kensly's dad meant to her and he too also had a relationship with the man so it hurt him a bit when he died too.

he was the one who constantly drove kensly to his graveyard whenever she would ask and sit there for hours with her. he had no problem with consoling the girl.

he stepped out of the van, walking on the road to find the tombstone. walking through the grass, he seen kensly sitting down by the tombstone. he figured it was her because she was the only person out here besides him and he noticed the tombstone's location.

as he walked towards her he stepped on some leaves but she wasn't bothered to look back at the noise. approaching, he sits next to her on the blanket. "hey." he greeted.

"hi." she softly said. he watches as her focus was fully on the tombstone. "why did he have to go? now the house is all fucked up now?" she said.

"i know kens. it sucks, it really does." he said.

kensly begins to sob, her face in her hands. "my mom is drinking now and staying out late. it's not a healthy relationship anymore matt and i hate it, i don't know what went wrong. it seems like she hates me." she sobbed loudly. "can you hold me?"

matt nodded, pulled her against his chest as he wraps his arms around her, trying to calm her down. "don't say that. she doesn't hate you."

"then why does she constantly yells. i mean we don't even talk anymore, it's just like we're related but strangers in the same house. i hate staying there."

he kissed her forehead, but then blinks back. "oh. sorry."

"it's fine matt." she waved him off. she didn't care about her being mad at him anymore because this day wasn't about them, it was about her dad.

"did you talk to him before i came over here?" he asked and she nodded. that's all he needed he didn't ask what she said because he didn't need to.

"thank you matt. even on the terms that we're on right now, you're still here." kensly smiled.

"of course." he said. "now, whenever you wanna leave do you wanna go to chickfila?"

"yea." she nodded and just leaned into his chest more as she wiped her eyes.

matt looked down at her, he knew their situation wasn't over but what he did know was that he needed to enjoy this moment because he don't know if she'll still be mad at him tomorrow.

as kensly laid her head in his chest, something caught her eye. it was a purple butterfly, due to what she asked her father earlier, God had sent down a purple butterfly. she smiled on the inside, knowing what it meant.

🪷

awww. i really want them to make up
so that's what i'll do, after maybe four, three, five chapters. or maybe a time jump;)