How Snow White Went Missing

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there was a kingdom owned by a powerful king and a beautiful queen. One beautiful spring morning, the queen was giving birth to a radiant baby girl. Everyone in the kingdom was ecstatic about the royal bloodline continuing. The baby had glowing, fair skin, so fair that it's about as white as snow, big, brown eyes that were filled with wonder, and beautiful, midnight black tufts of hair. The queen looked down at her new born child and smiled. "I shall name her Snow White," she declared. The crowd let out a cheer and that night they celebrated. Everyone, but the king, who had noticed his queen looked weak, was celebrating, "Are you feeling okay, my love?" The king examined his wife closely as she nodded, patting his hand sympathetically. Unsure, the king nodded and carried on the celebration. As the evening continued, while everyone was having a ball, the queen thought it was appropriate to stand and give a speech on welcoming her lovely baby girl, Snow White. She weakly pulled herself to her feet, but something was off. She felt light headed and before anything could be done, she collapsed. Everyone was in a panic, especially the king.

Years later, after the queen's death, Snow White has finally turned 18. She was as beautiful as ever. Her skin is as fair as it was when she was born, her brown eyes still filled with wonder, and gorgeous, silky, black hair. Snow White's father was about to remarry within days. The woman, who was soon to be her step-mother, was gorgeous, so much so that Snow White couldn't help but to admire her. The king's wedding day would be Snow White's first time outside of the castle walls, and she was excited. Snow White couldn't wait to see what it was like outside with the wonderful breeze, the birds, the flowers, and most of all, the apple trees. Snow White absolutely loves apples. They were all she'd ever eat from apples to apple pies, anything that involved apples, she'd eat. Soon enough, the wedding day arrived and everyone in the kingdom was overjoyed. Everyone was gathered together for the ceremony in honor of their king and new queen. Once the "I do"s were said, the celebration had begun. There was dancing and laughter as everyone commemorated the king's marriage. Snow White, on the other hand, had not been at the celebration. Instead, she wandered off to the wood to look for the apple trees. After a few minutes of wandering, she stumbled upon an apple tree and right next to it, just at the base of the tree, was a bright red apple. Excitedly, Snow White picks it up and takes as big of a bite as she could. She closed her eyes as she savored the sweet juices from the fruit and smiled, but just as quickly as that smile came, it went. She started to frown as she looked at the apple in her hand. Something was off about the apple, the bright red pigment isn't as bright as it was when she picked it up. Snow White quickly dropped the apple and looked around, which did no good since everything was blurring together. She went to step forward to look for help, but that one step caused her to fall. Once she hit the ground, everything went black.

Back at the celebration, the king had noticed his daughter was missing. Instantly, he grew into a panic. He looked at his new queen and whispered, "Have you seen Snow White?" She looked at him for a minute and then scanned the crowd. Everywhere she looked, Snow White could not be seen. Her features started to look like the kings, pure panic. She raised her glass and the crowd grew quiet as they waited for her to speak. "I do apologize for having to interrupt the celebration, but has anyone seen Princess Snow White?" Everyone was quiet besides the quick murmuring between them as the Prince, who Snow White was arranged to marry, stepped forward beside the king, "If anyone has seen where the princess has gone, please speak up now for she might be in grave danger." Everyone was still quiet until a frail, old woman stepped forward. "I saw her head towards the wood," she said, as she bowed politely. Pure fear had crossed the king's face, for he knew the outcome of her going to the wood. He called for his guards as he climbed on his horse, for the search for the princess had begun.

Meanwhile, back in the woods, Snow White had finally woken up, not remembering where she was or what happened before she passed out. Groggily, she sat up and looked around. From what she could see, she was in a little cottage and was laying on three small beds pushed together to fit her. She continued to look around and noticed four other beds in the room. Slowly, she got up and made her way downstairs, which led her to a kitchen. The cottage was an absolute mess and she had no idea how anyone could live in such a way. She grabbed a broom and started sweeping the floors. As she cleaned, she started to hum to herself, swaying with the broom. She finished sweeping and started dusting the cottage. In the middle of dusting, seven little men came marching in. It startled Snow White at first, but once she gathered herself, she smiled brightly. "Howdy do," She bowed politely. The seven men introduced themselves and told her what had happened. "You were so scared that the guards your step-mother sent were going to kill you that you agreed to do the house chores while we're gone," said Happy, the rest nodding in unison. Snow White, not knowing if it was true or not, nodded with a smile. Snow White finishes up the dusting and starts to cook the dwarves' food. As she cooked, the dwarves started talking amongst themselves. "I can't believe it actually worked," Grumpy stated quietly. Sleepy nodded, letting out a yawn, "Yeah, now that we got the princess, we don't have to do chores and have fun all day." Before anything else could be said, Snow White started to set food on the table with a polite smile, "Eat up." The dwarves started eating their food as Snow White started to make a plate for herself, when one of the dwarves spoke up, "Uhm...you also agreed that the food was only made for us." She nodded apologetically and went upstairs to lay down. With a yawn, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.