𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥- 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑?

Like promised, the next time Robin saw Steve was at Family Video. He'd not mentioned anything of the sort, anything that could've happened, so it seemed almost like the coast was clear- well, apart from the badly-caught glares which she swore were directed towards her, but were most likely just him zoning out at unfortunate times- which is what was happening, she later realised.

It had been a few days since and another few shifts had been completed- meaning, as it was the end of one more, that it was time for the after-work activities to begin.
So, Robin met up with some friends.

-

"Hey, Red-"

In front of her, Eddie nudged Max. He was leaning down slightly so he could throw across a confused stare.

"-don't you think she's been acting a little... weird?"

The girl in the wheelchair turned slightly.
"Uh, no more than usual."

"Hm."

The words stopped.

The three of them were placed in the centre of an empty grocery store aisle. Robin and Eddie had been holding the baskets, and Max had been holding the shopping list, wheeling herself over to a shelving unit whenever there was something that she could reach.

It wasn't uncommon for at least two of them to occasionally venture out to the stores to help Munson with his shopping. He could do it himself, but because of the many distractions, it was never worth what would end up as a full day of it. Thankfully, it gave chance to whoever went with him to get theirs, too.
Buckley had been running low on groceries, so it was her who had volunteered- and Max- well, Max tended to tag along with the main man more often than not.

Even though she swore that she couldn't stand him, they acted more like a brother and sister than even Robin and Steve did sometimes. It was quite sweet, in a way. Eddie's sarcastic humour mixed well with Max's mean one, and all of their conversations consisted of nothing but friendly argument.

It was a shame that they hadn't interacted more when they were both stuck back in high school. Perhaps it was for the best, though, since the teachers might've had quite a task on their hands if they did.

Buckley stayed in her stance, leaning slightly tilted on her hip as she displayed a slow and steady blink.
"You do know that I can hear you, right?"

A pause sounded through as Eddie straightened his posture with widened eyes.
"Well, of course, my dear Buckley. Weirdness is a charm of yours... I certainly wasn't referencing anything bad."

"Well, if weirdness is my charm, then surely I haven't been acting any differently."
She stared down to an unopened bag of pasta, teeth clenched around her raw cheek.
She had been chewing on it for a while.

The man before her stepped forward, swinging his legs into steps as he inched closer.
"You are okay though, right? Even if you haven't been acting any differently?"

Robin's palms were sweating around the basket handle. She chuckled from the pressure.
"Of course- why? D'you have some sort of suspicion against me, or something?"

Eddie grinned.
"You're always doing something out of the ordinary- but, as you know, it is me with a keen eye- so forgive me for the query."

"Strange, strange man."

"You're not so normal yourself."

The two of them smiled.
It was supposedly obvious to Robin that she had been acting normally- or that she hoped she had been doing. She was totally calm about the whole ideal, obviously. It wasn't like she'd just confirmed one of the biggest questions of her entire existence, or something along those lines. Totally, inevitably, cool.

Well, at least the thought was there.

From below the height of them both, Max bought up a cloud of attention. She had the shopping list gripped tightly in between her fingers, squinting slightly to see the woefully scrawled letters.

"Ok, so, we need to get two more things."

Eddie turned to her.
"Brilliant, didn't know you could count. So, what's the rest?"

The girl bit back a forcefully violent grin.
"I'm choosing to ignore you, since I can only assume that you don't want your foot broken by my wheels. It says potato waffles... and, uh, one of those shit microwave meals you're always eating?"

Robin chuckled at Munson's incapability to cook a decently respectable meal. She also wondered whether he even knew how to use an oven at all.

"Hey- don't disrespect my microwave meals. They're actually pretty tasty, I'll have you know."

"Probably due to the fact that you've burnt off your tastebuds with the amount of cigarettes you've smoked."

"Not possible."

"Sure... anyway- where can we find this disease?"

Eddie tapped his foot against the shiny store ground.
"You've got to at least try one or two before you slander them."

In return, Max practically scoffed. With a roll of her eyes, she readied her reply.
"Man, my mom's an alchie- there was a time where those were all I lived on. Hardly a life, dude- learn to cook. I've eaten dirt that tastes better."

"Mother fucker. You truly do have an answer for everything."

"Duh."