Chapter one- first impressions

Chapter one
Kalani pov

I walked across a mowed green paddock, my duffel bag slung across my shoulder and my rolly-suitcase rolling beside me.
The sun shone down upon me making the day quite hot, oh why I'm the world did I choose to wear combat boots?
I saw a building in the distance which I guessed was the front office. At least I hoped it was, otherwise I'd look like a nut.
My duffel bag growing ever heavier on my arm, I trudged across asphalt basketball courts and even past a swimming pool before I reached the damned office.
By this time I was cranky and snappy, the weight of the duffel bag and suitcase were pulling my arms out of their sockets and I could sense a migraine.
"Hello, I'm new, Kalani Hilliker" I say promptly, wanting to get this over and done with.
A smiley office attendant hands me a key asking if I would like to 'freshen up' before I find my dorm. I was pretty sure that was just a polite way to say that I stink.
I refuse the offer and take my things.
I check my little booklet of times and check the time on my phone.
Afternoon classes had just finished, leaving us with hours of free time before dinner.
I made my way down to Dorm 4, struggling against the sea of kids pushing through me to get to other activities.
Once I turned up outside my dorm, bruised but still alive and in one peice, I unlocked the door with the key given to me and dumped my luggage.
I would unpack after I had a small nap, I was knackered and my migraine was growing ever stronger...
-
"I think we should wake her, we have dinner in three hours"
"Maybe..."
"No that'd be mean, let her sleep"
There were so many voices crammed into one room. I wondered what voice belonged to whom.
I slowly opened my eyes, only to be greeted by blinding pain.
"Ugh" I grunted
"What a lady" someone snickers
"Maddie!" Someone else exclaims
I sit up and the blinding pain forces me back down.
"Are you okay?" Someone asks
But I'm so out of it that I can't match voices to people.
"I don't think she's okay"
"Do you want me to call the nurse?"
"I-I'm fine" I stutter but really I'm not.
Somebody runs out of the room frantically.
"Bye" calls the arrogant one, maddie, I think her name was.
I stand up out of bed and go to the bathroom to take a drink of water but as soon as I open my mouth a gush of vomit comes out with it.
I am utterly disgusted with myself.
As I am cleaning it up, voice 1 comes into the room.
"Migraine huh?"
"Yeah" I croak
"I've had plenty in my time, I'm chloe by the way"
"Kalani, nice first impression huh?"
"It's okay, I'm sure your second impression. Will be better"
And she leaves me to it, just like that
------
Authors note: hey! So this is my first book on wattpad, I'm not that great but I hope that you like this story.
My parents and teachers always say that I am a great creative writer and I have such a lot of support on my fanfic page on Instagram.
I hope I can get a fair amount of votes and have a popular book on wattpad.
Thank you all for reading this!