PART - 23

...

2 weeks passed quickly as you were super busy with exams and work. Finally exams ended and you guys got a week of vacation. Because of the exam you didn't even got a minute to have a talk with your best friend Jungkook. Taehyung and you kept your contact with chatting and  meeting up at a park twice in a week.
Vacation was a little relief which you expected from these busy exams but all expectations wasted because of work. Like Taehyung said you kept a distance with Kai. Whenever he saw you he came and ask to have a coffee or lunch with him but you will deny it politely.

After eating the breakfast you took your bag and phone making your steps towards the door followed by Lia. Pressing the basement floor you two waited for the floor to come.
"So how was exams?" breaking the silence Lia asked.
"Was good" nodding your head you replied.
"Liii...I think it's time to tell eomma and papa about Mark" you abruptly looked at her.
"Really? Are you sure?"
"Y-yeah" she replied with a not sure tone.
The bell dinged indicating the respective floor has reached which made you both to walk out.
Getting into the car you started the engine and pressed your feet on the accelerator.
"I think they will accept him. He has a nice job and also good character. So I don't think they will refuse. Plus I will support you!" smiling at her you cheered which she replied with a bright toothy smile.

After parking the car you two made your way towards entrance only to meet with Sehun, Mark, Jackson and Jinyoung.
"Hey morning!" both you greeted them in unison.
"Morno!" greeting back Sehun approached you putting his hand around your shoulder.
"Come let's get inside" holding your sister's hand Mark said.
After reaching your floor you made your way towards the finance department with Mark while Lia and others headed to their own respective departments. Just then your phone ringed. Pulling out the phone from your bag you looked at the caller id  with a little smile.

Kookie calling....
"I will be there in a minute, you can go" you said to Mark which he replied with a nod and left.

On the Phone~

You: Hey Kookie!!
Jungkook: Are you alive?! I thought you died.
You: Haha... Sorry yaar... I was busy with work you know... Btw,how are you? I was planning to call you
Jungkook: I am doing good but not much without you..
You: Aww.. Really? Let's meet today then
Jungkook: I was about to tell this! Great then!
You: Okay! Meet me at the park on 5. Okay!??
Jungkook: Arasseoo!!!

End of call~

Chuckling you put the phone back and turned back to leave but stopped seeing Kai standing there both hands on his pocket staring seriously at you.
"G-Good morning, Kai" trying your best to not to stutter you greeted.
"Don't you have work?" Instead of greeting back he asked.
"Yeah... I was about to go.. But need to attend a call" showing a thin smile on your face you replied.
"Only work at the office time. Don't make me repeat this again. Okay!?" The last word was a little loud which made you jump a little.
After saying a faint sorry to him you immediately headed to your section, completely confused by his sudden cold behavior towards you.

After completing your works you said your bye to Mark and Lia and made your way towards the elevator.
Pressing the ground floor you waited. Sehun entered from the floor where he works making your lips to curve upwards.
"Heyyo! Done your shift?" pulling you to a hug he asked.
"Yep! What about you?"
"Same. Btw, where is Lia? Aren't you going with her?" breaking the hug he asked.
"Her work didn't finished yet. Plus I am going to meet a friend"
"Oh...who's it? Taehyung?" winking playfully at you he asked.
"Aish...no.." Just then the door opened indicating ground floor has reached. Both of you headed out only to meet Jungkook sitting there while on the other side the receptionist drooling over him.