24

"It's so peaceful out here

"It's so peaceful out here." Kasie smiled softly, breathing in the crisp Asos air. Even though they had been in Asos for a week now, the sight of the beautiful city never got old. It was like every time Kasie thought she'd seen the last of it's beautiful features another would pop up and reel her back in.

So much so, that Kasie was actually thinking about buying a place out here. Greece in it's entirety was a beautiful place, and it could eventually become her escape. The people were beautiful and welcoming, the food was bomb, and the native tongue wasn't going to be a problem since Kasie knew well over twenty languages.

"I know right? I could honestly stay out here all day." Sasha agreed as she looked out towards the clear blue ocean.

"I wouldn't mind living out here if I'm being honest." Kasie shrugged, taking a sip from her mimosa.

"Really? What about your work?" Sasha peeled her eyes from the ocean and focused on Kasie. She knew how indecisive Kasie was, but also how impulsive she was so if Kasie just so happened to say she bought a house out here, it wouldn't surprise her.

"I probably wouldn't stay full time, but I'd enjoy staying here whenever I need a break from the busy life, you know?" She answered, picking up the last piece of bread from their basket and splitting it with Sasha.

"Yeah, I get it." Sasha chuckled, silently thanking Kasie and putting her eyes back onto the ocean, leaving a comfortable silence between the two of them.

They were currently getting brunch together at a cute cafe that overlooked about half the city of Asos, spanning out towards the water where a variety of sailboats, yachts, and canoes sat; it was like something out of a movie.

The guests for the wedding would arrive tomorrow, including the parents of Kasie, Dante, and Sasha. Although Kasie's and Dante's parents got along well, Sasha's not so much.

Her parents were the definition of overbearing, overstepping, authoritative, and just strict about everything. They were the type of people that believed everything should go their way or it wouldn't go at all.

That was the main reason Sasha demanded that they didn't contribute any finances into the wedding, instead Kareem and Luciano paid for the wedding.

Kareem had always been more of a father towards Sasha than her biological one was. That was the main reason Sasha and Kasie were so close. When Sasha got kicked out during her junior year after her parents found out she lost her virginity, she moved in with the Montgomery's and they'd been close ever since.

Additionally, the Johnson's didn't like Kasie when she was younger. They thought she was just some fast little girl that was putting a bad influence on their daughter, when in actuality Sasha and Kasie would encourage each other to do stupid shit.

Even though it had been about eight years since then, the only reason the Johnson's were a tad bit nicer to Kasie was because they wanted her financial support, even though they were never ever going to get it.