he meets you for the first time

Staring at you. standing by Zenyatta, arms folded, staff on his back. Although he stares at you judgingly, he's also admiring you, tracing every part of your body with a slow gaze.

You're talking to another omnic after visiting Nepal as you're an independent journalist, writing things down on a pen and paper.

You find yourself stealing glances at the tall Omnic, partially listening to the one that you're interviewing.

Ramattra continues to eye you up, enjoying what he sees. Zenyatta notices the change of body language upon his 'brother', letting out a soft sigh of content and tilting his head to the side in one slow motion.

"I see that you take an interest in our guest, brother." He states softly, his soothing, robotic voice, cutting through the cold air of the late afternoon.

Ramattra narrows his optics, huffing in amusement and proceeding to let his arms fall either side of his large, metallic torso.

"Well, they are one of the first humans to be.. humble.. with their visit here." He continued to study you.

Zenyatta agreed, nodding his head slowly and turning back to you.

"Humans show.. vast ignorance when visiting a place of tranquility. Their impatience persists.. and they show very little respect; sometimes."

Ramattra listened to Zenyatta's rambling. He continued to peer over at you, taking in his fellow Omnic's words whilst pairing them with you. This time around, it had felt different.. different in a way that Ramattra couldn't understand nor explain.

"However, not all humans show such distaste." Zenyatta spoke softly, gesturing over to you.

"This one has a pure heart, the Iris approves of their presence here."

Ramattra listened to his words, once again folding his arms tightly against his hard chest and staring over at you.

Zenyatta was always right.

You had finished interviewing the nervous Omnic. The poor bot was slightly shocked that you hadn't shown it any rudeness or any type of cruelty.

You had also noticed the two bots gazing at you from afar and hurried off back to the small hut that you rented out in the cold mountains of Nepal for your stay. It was amongst a few other huts and a bigger lodge where you'd book in for your stay. As the blizzard picked up for the evening, you huddled by the fire, sitting at a small desk and scouring over your notes from the day.

Your eyebrows furrowed, you read over your messy handwriting due to the harsh cold outside all day and clicked your tongue in light annoyance. You pulled up a neat stack of blank paper and began deciphering your handwriting, but this time, you wrote your notes alongside a sketch of the beautiful scenery that you took from your window in the early morning today.

"The scenery here is absolutely gorgeous and the Omnics are ever so kind to whoever shows up on their doorstep. The ones I have interviewed spoke with such grace and wisdom. I have never met any human being that has spoken to me in such—"

Knock knock.

You paused your writing, lifting up your head to gaze over towards the front door.

Slowly, you rose from your wooden chair and padded your way over to the door. Unlocking it, you twisted the handle and peered up towards your sudden guest.

"Oh!"

Ramattra stood with his staff gripped tightly in one hand, peering down at you

"Hello." He spoke firmly.

"I.. come in..?"

He frowned slightly. "Was that a question?"

You stuttered and fumbled over your words, idiotically.

"I..! No..! I'm sorry..! C-come in.. sir.."

You stepped to the side, allowing the Omnic entry into your temporary rented accommodation.

Ramattra took one step inside, closing the door behind him and turning his attention back to you.

"What is your name..?" He asked firmly, awaiting a response.

"It's Y/n. You're Ramattra.. right..?" You nervously spoke.

He nodded.

"That's correct. You're one of the first to not butcher my name!" He chuckled softly, earning a light smile from you.

He marched towards the wooden chair you perched in earlier, positioning it towards you and sitting in it comfortably, leaning back.

"I.. uh.. so.. can I help you with anything?" You shuffled towards the single bed in front of him, sitting on it hesitatingly.

"I couldn't help but notice the interviews that you have been carrying out around here," He started, his voice soothing your sudden anxiety, "may we..?" He gestured towards your table, the many littered papers of messy handwriting laying still upon it.

Your eyes narrowed between the table full of papers and the intimidating robot before you. You nodded hesitantly, pulling up an spare chair beside the table.

The rest of the night consisted of laughter, questioning and endless conversations about absolutely anything that came to mind. You couldn't help yourself but violate your own bedtime, staying up until the early hours of the morning to speak with this monk.

He was graceful, his tinted voice so soothing and not once did you feel threatened. You did your absolute best to respect his boundaries, he didn't mind.

"Well. I had best be going now. I wouldn't wish to keep you up any longer." He chuckled, rising from the wooden chair and picking up his staff that was once slanted against the fireplace.

"Ohh so soon? I was enjoying your company!" You laughed, comfortably standing up and returning the spare chair to its rightful place.

"Likewise, my dear." He added.

Your cheeks grew warm and you couldn't help the smile find its way onto your cheeks.

"It's refreshing for Nepal to be gifted with such a kind hearted human as yourself." Ramattra spoke, heading to the door as he continued to look at you. You walked with him, slowly, wishing that he didn't have to leave now.

"Well, I'm happy to of met your expectations." You giggled, folding your arms comfortably and peering up at him with a warm smile.

A moment of silence casted out between the two of you. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was enjoyable.

"I had best be going. My brothers will be waiting on me." He started, reaching for the handle and pulling it down, opening the door a crack as the sharp, cold air poured in almost immediately.

"Have a good rest, Y/n. I hope to see you again before you leave." He stared down at you.

You nodded, continuing to smile.

"Likewise.. my dear." You shared a small giggle together before he left, closing the door behind him as he exited.

You were left with a comfortable warmth in your chest, warming your heart as you continued to smile.

For the night ahead, you finished writing up your notes and climbed into bed, messing around on your phone for an hour and passing out as the sun began rising.