52. Revelation

Indicated by the hoisted dark green flag of Wicref fluttering gallantly in full swing, it was a rather windy morning. A maid closed the windows and joined her peers to exit the scullery, to reach the Guest Wing. Once they reached there, they began dispersing compliantly.

The first one approached the closed door to a chamber and knocked. The door swung open and hit the wall, revealing Alpha Anwar, who was already walking towards a sofa chair and sitting. He seemed bored out of his wits.

"My lord, your presence is requested at the Serene Garden for the breakfast this morning instead of the Dining Hall." She said after curtsying.

"I cannot continue my life without him, father!" a shrilling sound came from the end of the room.

The flowing and flying white curtains parted to give a view of Lady Persephone holding a shard of glass near her wrists.

Former Alpha and Luna of Ravernia when attempted to inch closer to her in agitation, the Lady shouted, "Do not come closer! I will cut myself!"

The maid revealed her worry to Alpha Anwar using her eyes.

"This has been going on for half an hour. You need not worry." came his reply.

Meanwhile, the second maid finally reached the upstairs chamber assigned to her. The door was already wide open. She curtsied, "My lord, your presence is requested at the Serene Garden for the breakfast this morning instead of the Dining Hall."

"What a basic name for a garden." commented Nate dryly before slamming the door shut.

**~~~**

Taking a shower and changing into cleaner clothes, Ariana went over to stand in front of mirror. She then analyzed herself. What was observed is that she was slipping too much. Crying too much for the past few days. That wouldn't do.

She must escape him slyly.

Escape him? Yes. As Ariana was no fool to clash with the Alpha King. Her pursuit was to get away from him, not take retribution. She did want a peaceful life for herself after all. That also included not demanding him any explanations for his past deeds.

A part of her beating heart felt otherwise. She hardened it immediately to resemble a stone. Saoirse reminded that she will have to reverse the act when she ultimately frees herself from him.

Until then, a stone cold heart it is.

So when the maid requested her presence for breakfast, Ariana looked in the mirror, formed a cordial smile and followed her out.

The maid led the way to the Serene Garden. Ariana recognized it from her previous visit. This was the same garden where Persephone had talked about its topiaries during the entire breakfast time on their last visit. Speaking of her, where was she and her vexatious presence? Where were the Bennets? And the Windsors?

Ariana walked to the table where the Astors were, all eyes on her.

"How are you, Lady Bennet?"

"Hope you are much better now, Ariana."

"How are you feeling, Lady Bennet?"

Those were the words she heard on her way. She replied to each one of them politely. The way they all had curiosity in their eyes due to the amazing events that had taken place the night before amused Ariana a little.

Taking a seat, she exchanged pleasantries with Luna Iria and Ivory. Nathaniel greeted her with a light grin, which people close to him could tell was conjured by force. Ariana matched his energy. A silent agreement between them was sealed. Mission conceal.