[ 𝘊𝘩𝘱.1 ]

The rain hit the city hard that early Saturday morning, the sound of droplets bouncing off of peoples umbrellas while the water splashed from underneath their shoes mixed somewhat well in a soothing way. A woman who went by the name Fart dragged two suitcases along with her, rushing through the crowds as water splashed on the screen of her phone while trying to search for the apartment she was trying to get to for the past 40 minutes. She honestly didn't know why she agreed on this but it was the best option she had for a while.

The last job took a pretty big toll on her, both mentally and financially surprisingly. Though it still lingers in her mind at the moment she finally found herself a new start in the big city, not really the way she expected to be, of course, but she didn't really wanna complain since this was a miracle to her.

Looking around, the picture on her phone and the apartment that was in front of her finally looked the same, as well as the address of course. She quickly made her way inside, the scent of caffeine hitting her immediately as a greeting. The lights seemed to be dimmed to the point where the room looked dark but just in the right way where you can still see. A old woman sat at the front, watching a old show on a old but still functional computer laughed before her eyes met with Fart.

Fart walked up to her as she quickly placed a mug down right beside her.

" Welcome ma'am! " The old lady smiled warmly, adjusting her glasses to get a better look at her, " You seem new here, are you here for your apartment key or are you visiting? "

" Ah well, I'm here to see someone. "

" Someone? " She quickly looked back at her computer, typing something in before turning back to Fart, " You know their name, right? "

She quickly blinked, thinking before answering, " I think his name is Tony, ma'am. "

" Tony?.. Tony.. "

The clicking of the keys echoed through the place before a loud click ended it, She quickly pointed at the elevator before explaining, " The only Tony that lives here is on the 4th floor, take the elevator and you'll see apartment 424, I think he's still there cause I know for a fact he always leaves somewhere later for a lunch break but y'know. " She chuckled.

Fart nodded, " Thank you..? "

" Mrs. Valentine, pleasure to help you. "

" Beautiful last name, Mrs. Valentine. " She smiled, waving ' thanks ' as she began to walk towards the elevator to head up.

Waiting in the elevator, the semi-silent ticks of the numbers going up on the screen echoed through, giving Fart a chance to quickly think if this was even a good idea. Living in the city wasn't cheap, yes, but the only way she could get an apartment was share it with someone. She didn't really know anyone in the city, but she put a post somewhere and actually got a reply saying that they could work something out, the plan was that she'd have to pay for half the rent and she honestly felt okay with that. Finally reaching the designated floor, she   quickly walked out of the elevator, looking at the numbers before finding the correct apartment.

Once faced with the actual apartment she stood there for a second, took a breath and knocked, waiting for a response.. or not even a response at all to be honest. But unfortunately to her, someone answered.

The door opened wide, a man that seemed to be a few feet taller than her looked at her, raising a eyebrow before asking, " .. You're that McJason person, right? "

Fart nodded, " The one that posted that ad. "

" Ah, " He took a step aside, " Well, come inside and please help yourself. "