Hemophilia Is Not Good When Eremites Are Involved

Alhaithiam flicked his hearing aids on when he noticed the Traveler walk into the room.

He was reading, as per usual, but he had quite the peripheral vision, as he could see practically everything around him.

He had always been praised for his sharp vision, serving as a substitute for his lack of hearing.

Yes, he was deaf, but not helpless all the same.

"Lumine. Such a pleasure, what are you doing here."

Lumine shrugged. "I'm picking out some children's books for Paimon. She wanted to read a bit, something besides her own journal."

Alhaithiam nodded. "She'll be smarter than half the academia at that point. Nobody reads anymore." He grumped. Lumine laughed.

Paimon came around the corner at that moment.

"Traveler, Traveler, look! I found one that looks super cool! It's called "A Book Of Teyvat-Tales." Can we get it?"

Lumine nodded. "Yes, Paimon, we can. Hold on one second, and also, try not to shout, this is a library."

Paimon nodded, waving at Alhaithiam before hurrying off to find more books. "Well, have fun reading. Is that why you have your earpieces in?"

Alhaithiam nodded. "Yes." Lumine turned away, waving at other people shyly.

They really were quite the person. Always so quiet, yet could change the entire mood of a room with a single word.

He was weary of her, but he was obviously still friends with them. He eventually checked a couple books out from the library, and he got home pretty late.

Weird, he thought. Kaveh isn't home.

But since Kaveh could be in millions of different places, he disregarded it. The blonde architect was often out. So he sat up on the couch, cracked his feet up, and started reading.

When he was reading, he turned his hearing aids off so he could focus on the book. It was also to ignore any distractions, such as his annoying roommate.

But when that roommate still hadn't made an appearance at 11:00, he got pretty worried.

He almost didn't want to get up from the couch, so he could be there to see Kaveh when he got home.

Wait... why are you feeling like this, Alhaithiam. He's probably out drinking again.

But weirdly, Kaveh had taken his house keys with him. He never did, not when he went drinking. He didn't want to lose them at the bar, apparently.

It wouldn't hurt to sleep on the couch, he thought. So he laid his book down gently on the shelf, and fell asleep there.

...

Kaveh hated the freaking desert.

He was called out there for a job that day, and it was supposed to be a quick survey of the physical properties of the walls.

But some Eremites ended up attacking the building, resulting in him having to fight.

He hated fighting, he would rather not do it at all if necessary. But somehow, he ended up having to fight the Eremites, being the only one there with a vision.

However, the Eremites were super fast, and his movements were restricted due to his claymore.

He ended up eventually killing them, but not before one of them skewered through his shoulder and absolutely gutted his torso.