Caught

Love was in the air, more than usual, as Valentine's Day swung around again in Hotel Transylvania.

Monster and human guests alike were joining in the annual festivities held at the hotel for the occasion, the most notable being the actual Valentine's Day Bash that was held in the ballroom. The space had been decorated the night before by the zombie bellhops and witch maids, with a large assortment of white, pink, and red decorations all around the room.

Balloons, streamers, flowers, and ribbons hung everywhere, along with a huge banner hanging above the stage that read 'Zing Thing,' the theme of the bash. The lights were dimmed to a romantic glow and soft music was being played by the Zombie musicians - Zombie Mozart, Zombie Bach, and Zombie Beethoven. Couples entered into the ballroom arm in arm and smiling lovingly at each other - Frank with Eunice, Wayne with Wanda, Griffin with Crystal, Murray with his girlfriend, and Mavis with Johnny.

"Woah!" Johnny exclaimed with awe. "Your dad always throws the best parties. I can't wait to deejay!"

Next to him Mavis giggled. "In time, honey. You know dad always likes to kick things off, and he should be here any moment."

The redhead nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I know." His attention was turned to his son who came running in under them with his wolf friend tagging along.

"No!" Dennis cried. "I'm too young to zing!"

But Winnie only giggled and continued after him. "Zing, zing!" she cried.

Mavis chuckled at the sight as she and Johnny seated themselves over at one of the tables near the stage. She checked the time on her phone. Things were going to start in about twenty minutes, and, knowing her dad, it would be right on time. He always liked to be orderly, so there was absolutely no doubt about that.

                            __________________________________________________

Count Dracula in the meantime did not need a mirror to know that he looked his finest.

He made sure to take a little extra time to do himself up, sleeking back his dark hair, shining his fangs, and spritzing on the best cologne there was on his neck and shoulders. Satisfied, Drac put on the same casual clothing he had worn on the cruise ship nearly half a year prior - a black-and-orange Hawaiian shirt and some long white pants. Drac gave a nod as he did up the last of the buttons and slipped on his white loafers. He knew the effort was worth it very much this year. Because this time, Dracula wasn't going to be sidelining on the activities and supervising. This time, he was actually going to be able to be a part of them, thanks to the lovely woman who was now his wife - Ericka.

He blushed even thinking about her. With her bright blue eyes, and short, curly platinum locks, and that adorable little giggle when she laughed... he just could never get enough. He felt so lucky to have her in his life, and he knew she felt the same way. That being said, the man couldn't wait to give her his present for Valentine's Day.

Double-checking that his clothes were smoothed down, he stepped out of his chambers and began to make his way toward the hotel attic where he had kept his gift stowed away.

The attic was a cluttered space, but after a quick search, he pulled out the small red box that he had kept stowed away inside of another cardboard box. He examined the gift for a moment, knowing she would love it, right before a soft voice interrupted his thoughts.

"What's my Prince of Darkness doing, sneaking up here in the attic?"

Dracula whirled around, finding Ericka standing at the doorway with her arms crossed, a playful expression on her face. The man yelped, hiding the gift behind his back.