Love is Blind (One Direction: A Niall Horan Fanfic)

Hello everyone!! I decided to write a One Direction Niall fanfic. It's my first one, so please vote & comment to let me know if I should continue or not :) Lots of love, Kyla <3

PS. This first chapter is the prologue. One Direction will be coming don't worry <3

Enjoy!! :)

                                                   PROLOGUE

“Grace, if you had to choose would you rather be deaf or blind?” My best friend Harper asked me.

“What kind of a question is that?” I joked, “Obviously neither.”

Harper was reading the newest issue of The Dig magazine. She had been asking me questions all afternoon- like, if you had to either lick either an old man’s hairy toe, or the bottom of a stranger’s foot, which would you pick?

I thought for a moment. “I guess I would rather be deaf. Both would be awful, but that way I would at least be able to see the world around me.”

I couldn’t imagine not being able to see the sun when it rose and set over the horizon, my families smiling faces… or just not being able to see any type of beauty in general.

I shuddered just thinking about it. To brighten up my mood a little, I turned on the radio.

‘And someday I know it'll all turn out

And I'll work to work it out

Promise you, kid, I'll give more than I get

Than I get, than I get, than I get

Oh, you know it'll all turn out

And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out

And I promise you kid to give so much more than I get

Yeah, I just haven't met you yet

I sang along to Michael Buble’s “Haven’t met you yet” smiling to myself.

I heard the car honk outside of Harper’s house.

“I have to go, Harp! My parents are here.”

Harper frowned, tossing the magazine onto her bed.

“I’m going to miss you so much when you’re on vacation!” She cried; throwing herself at me while somehow making us both fall of the bed.

I was on my way from rainy Vancouver to sunny Hawaii.

“Take me with you!” She whined, “You can put me in your carry-on bag.”

“Not a chance. I have all my books in there.” I winked.

“See you later,” I hugged her, running out the door.

I met my mom at the front door and we walked to the car excitedly talking about the beaches of Maui.

“Hey loser.” My older brother Preston greeted me. I punched him, sticking my tongue out at him.

“Just because I’m a eleven months younger than you doesn’t mean you’re cooler.”

“There’s a difference- I’m an adult now. I’m eighteen… you’re still a little teenager.” He smirked at me.

“I’m seventeen, Preston.” I rolled my eyes.

“I’d say you’re both children, now let me get some sleep.” My mom complained. She had been up all night packing last minute. She was a procrastinator at heart.

We laughed at her and I leaned back in my seat. In the mirror I could see my brother and I. We looked alike, both with blonde hair and hazel eyes. We were already tanned- don’t ask me how, but we had somehow picked one up despite the rain.

My dad pulled onto the highway and we began our short journey to the airport.

“Hey Grace, are you still afraid of flying?” Preston asked me.

I nodded. I needed anxiety medicine in order to even step foot on one. I blame the documentaries my parents were always watching about plane crashes.

“Aww, little Gracie-Poo afraid of flying?” He cooed, pinching my cheeks.

I punched him again, “Stop being annoying Preston.”

My dad turned around laughing. “I hope you two aren’t like this for the entire two weeks we’re in Maui.”

In that split second, my life was changed forever. Because in that brief moment my dad had turned around, a semi-truck had crossed the yellow dividing line into our lane and was coming straight for us.

“Dad!” I screamed with all my might, “Watch out!”

But it was too late. We all knew it was too late.

In the next second we felt the impact.

And then all I saw was blackness- lots and lots of blackness.