30

"Honestly can't believe this man got me here

"Honestly can't believe this man got me here." Kasie spoke to herself, sitting courtside in the Little Caesars Arena in Detroit, MI. She never really thought she'd be back in Detroit, plus she never really had a realize to actually be here, but here she was, sitting down to watch her man play against the damn Pistons.

It was half-time and the score was 53-52 with the Celtics hitting the last three in the second-half. Luckily Kasie wasn't at the game completely alone since Bred sat next to her, taking his shots where need be.

Before Kasie could realize it, the game was over and the Celtics had won 117-108. Jim, Jayson's body guard, led her into the tunnel where she would meet with Jayson after he finished with his post game interviews.

While Kasie was waiting, she ran into some fans of her own, and engaged with them once they sparked up a conversation. It wasn't necessarily a rare occasion but it definitely didn't happen often.

"Oh my gosh! I loved what you did with that house in Ontario over the summer." The woman of the two people she was talking to gushed.

"Thank you." Kasie blushed as the woman showed such clear admiration from her work.

"You really are talented as fuck, shawty." The other of the two, a man spoke. "Your work always managed to raise the ordinary to extraordinary. I especially love watching the drone time lapses whenever the construction starts." He smiled down at her. Kasie couldn't help but laugh internally as he so casually flirted with her.

"I'm glad you do. We're starting to incorporate more filming into our work videos, so you should be seeing more of that in the new year." She nodded, turning on her business voice unintentionally.

What she hadn't noticed as she was conversating with the two was the fact that Jayson had finished up his post interview and was now making his way over towards the three of them. She only noticed when a hand crept around her waist and a familiar scent of cologne filled her nostrils that he was there.

"Oh shit, wassup JT?" The guy greeted him, holding out his hand-- again, so casually like he wasn't just flirting with his woman.

"Wassup." Jayson nodded, shaking his hand with a firm grip that made the guy wince a little.

"Good game tonight." The mans jaw clenched as he tried to recover.

"Thanks." Jayson kept it short. "I don't mean to interrupt your conversation but we have plans in a couple." He smiled as politely as he could through his newfound attitude.

"Oh yeah. We'll get out of your hairs, no problem." The woman smiled kindly. "Thanks for the talk, Miss Montgomery, maybe I can book you sometime." She joked, while pulling away the younger guy.

"I hate niggas." Jayson mumbled, kissing her neck.

"Not you getting jealous." Kasie teased, laughing lightly.

"Jealous of what? You don't see this?" He held up her left hand to show off her promise ring. "I don't need to be jealous of shit, this is"

"Mm, whatever you say Mr. Tatum." Kasie giggled. "Where are we off too?" She asked as they walked towards the parking garage.

"To dinner before we head back to Boston." He held her head as they walked through the tunnel, ignoring all the photographers.

Being that the trip back to Boston would only be an hour and a half, they were flying back tonight at 10 since their next game was a home game in two days.

"Ou, you taking me out to- oop one second." She paused as her phone rang. "Ah, my favorite guy." She smiled immediately.

INCOMING FACETIME FROM 'deuce man💚🦖'

ACCEPT DECLINE

"Deuce deuce!" She exclaimed once the call connected. Jayson smiled at their interaction; he honestly loved their relationship with one another-- even though he was convinced Deuce had a small crush on Kasie.

"When are you coming back? We have to finish the movie." Deuce spoke with his face entirely to close to the camera, referring to their Disney move checklist in which they made a list of movies they wanted to watch together and watched them in his playroom. They were currently on the SpongeBob movie that they didn't get to finish.

"I'll be back tomorrow. You wanna watch it in the morning?" She asked.

"Yeah and we can go to the park?" He beamed, jumping around a bit.

"Whatever you wanna do bud, it's your world. You wanna talk to your daddy before he starts getting jealous?" Kasie joked, feeling Jayson staring into the side of her head.

"Sure." He shrugged making Jayson's jaw drop at his sudden nonchalant-ness.

"Wowww. That's how you feel dude?" Jayson asked, grabbing the phone from Kasie who had doubled over in laughter.

"What do you mean?" Deuce smiled mischievously.

"You know what you did." Jayson chuckled. "What you eat for dinner?" He looked up from the phone, seeing the black Cadillac pulling up.

"The chicken and sauce- I don't know the name of it." He shrugged.

"The stuff Kas' made?" Jayson asked, not knowing the name of the dish either, but the thought of it made his stomach growl. Deuce nodded.

"Ma, what what that chicken and rice you made called?" He asked, opening the back passenger door for her.

"The chicken masala?" She said. It wasn't the authentic version since she knew neither of the boys could tolerate spice that well, it was more like the HelloFresh version for them, and a spicier version for herself.

"Yeah that, chicken masala." Jayson nodded, walking around the truck to other side and hopping in.

The drive to the place where Jayson made their dinner reservations wasn't too far from the arena and the drive was full of conversation and laughter, as their time together usually consisted of.

After they got off the phone with Deuce, Jayson tried to figure out what Kasie wanted for her birthday, but of course, she didn't really want anything- well, not something he could buy at least.

Kasie, being a billionaire, could literally have anything money could buy, but what she couldn't buy were the little things-- the sentimental things. That's all she wanted from Jayson, just presents that came from the heart and that involved thought and time.

But was she just going to say that.... no. He'd have to figure that out on his own, and in due time, he would.

you ever need someone to cuss you out & tell you to keep going? yeah... me too.

i hate this chapter just as much as i hate chemistry... and i hate chemistry REAL FUCKING BAD. let's see if i delete it or not.