Chapter 1

All characters besides Lucas belong to Shannon Messenger.
-Jess

I keep myself disgusted at the back of the crowd

I keep myself disgusted at the back of the crowd. A blonde wig fixed perfectly and some green contacts in.

Tam, our marketer decided we needed someone to go to Blood Phoenix and Navy Siren's show tonight. I took on that job, along with Keefe. He is hidden in the pit, while I kept myself at the back.

They do look pretty with their masquerade masks. They jewelled them, I can tell the two girls did it by hand. Even from back here.

I pull my phone out. It has a glittery purple case that Marella gave me for my birthday last year.

Bianavacker: They literally made their masks themselves, it is so tacky

Keefe.déjàvu:I can see it too, they think everyone loves them :/

Bianavacker: Literally, I mean red and blue, cliche...

Keefe.déjàvu: I'll see you after the concert, ppl are staring-

Keefe.déjàvu: I am too hot for 'em

Bianavacker: No, your ugly. Lozer ;)

It is a pattern with us. The four of us all spell "loser" as "lozer" from a spelling mistake my brother made years ago. I mean at least his girlfriend is cooler then these tacky pop-stars. If you can even call them that.

A red and blue mist comes around the stadium, that's what always happens when the next song is their last.

Seriously can't wait to get home and down my next wine bottle. Dex always hates when I do this. I think he is just over reacting to be honest.

The lights flash as the two girls sing. Their voices harmonise so well, I have to admit that. I lean back in the shitty chair. Crossing my legs as people scream and chant. Twirling a lock of hair around my finger.

"I want to grow up like them!" I hear the little boy next to me chant.

"You'll make it. I believe in you." I keep the spirit up. Wishing I can just pick up my guitar. It has always been my best friend.

I got my first guitar when I was 7. It was a tacky purple thing that only lasted 11 months before all the strings had popped. I still have the worn down guitar pick I used. If I remember it was a Taylor Swift Reputation pick. I think my brother Fitz picked it up for me one day.

My latex black dress sticking to my thighs. The paint comes off of the tacky dark blue and green seats. The song starts to close as the lights flash on.

My eyes snap shut as the blind light seeps through my eye lids. I know this feeling. Usually it is sadness that the show is over. But I am great full this time.

"Do you know where the exit is?" The little boy asks me, it seems that he was abandoned by his parents.

"Yeah, just follow me." I say as he grips into my hand. I walk with this little kid gripping onto me through the crowd. Good thing the back is less crowded. That may be why his parents left him back here. "What's your name sweetie?" I ask him.

"M-my name is Lucas." He looks up at me.

"That's a lovely name, I'm Sabina." That's my code name for when I'm in disguise. Specifically Sabina Walker. Marella is always Ember Crown. Fitz is Ivan Walker while Keefe is Al Rivers.

We have this system as a safety system. We need an easy way to identify each other with names we have learnt to recognise.

"I love your name, Sabina!" Lucas chimes and I walk him through the crowd. We start to make it to the exit of the stadium.

"Do you need me to wait with you?" I ask.

"Nope, I'll be alright!" He smiles up at me.

"Stay safe, Lucas." I wave him off as I start heading towards the car park.

"You too, Sabina!" I hear him shout over all the noise.

I make twists and turns through the crowd towards Keefe's car. He decided to take us to the concert as Marella and Fitz stay back at the apartment we are renting. His girlfriend Sophie lives in a dorm at her musical arts college.

I see the black car in the distance. It seems that I am getting to it before Keefe.

"Come on, open." I press the button on my keys as I get to the car. Pulling the door open I slide into the passenger seat and shut it behind me. "Keefe you better show up soon!" I lock the door and toss the keys up in the air.

"Hey." Keefe opens the door.

"What took so long, I even helped a child!" I slide the keys into my pocket.

"Sorry, want Maccas on the way?" He asks, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Sure, why not?" I shrug. "I also want to get home to down a bottle of wine."

"Don't we all." He rolls his eyes, putting on the radio.

"Let me let Marella know we are on our way." I pull out my phone again.

Bianavacker: We are on our way home

Marellaarson: Good, I'm banning you from the wine lozer :)

Bianavacker: How dare you!

Marellaarson: Bye ;)

"Marella is mean." I sob as Keefe pulls into the drive through.

"Shut up, Biana." He whispers as he goes to order our food.

"Fine!" I roll my eyes

I start to scroll through my phone of photos of the concert. I need a way to pass the time and this seems good enough.

I can't wait for tomorrow becuase we get to meet Marella's girlfriend and Sophie is going to be there. I mean let's hope they get along well.

"Here." Keefe passes me my chips.

"Thanks." I stuff one into my mouth. My pink lipstick smudging. "Shut up." I growl when Keefe starts laughing.

"Right." He turns into the highway. The lights of street lamps passing us in the dark.

Keefe decided to put in brown contacts and used temporary red hair dye. Little dose he know red never fully comes out. Yes he decided to look like a ginger but that's him.

I can't wait to laugh at him in the morning when he goes to wash his hair. Even Marella is going to be shook when we get home. Sometimes people make idiotic decisions.

"What?" Keefe asks, going up to fix his hair. Making me realise I was laughing.

"N-not-thin-ng..." I say in a fit of laughter.

"Biana Amberly Vacker!" He somehow keeps driving down the packed highway.

"Keefe you haven't told us your middle name Sencen!" I eat another chip.

"I will bring this up tomorrow." He rolls his eyes as he gets back to driving.

"And you will know why I was laughing tomorrow, lozer."