Chapter Uno

Wolfgang hesitated in his hiding spot behind a tree, peeking at the stranger who'd helped him a few days earlier. He fiddled with the coffee he'd bought for the man. He stayed there a few more moments, lips pursed. At last, he stepped out with an exhale and he walked over to the open terrace where the handsome stranger sat.

The stranger sat with his eyes glued to the morning newspaper, dark glasses reflecting the sunlight. His curly silver hair slightly swayed as a breeze ripped through the hot summer air. Wolfgang was staring. Hard.

He didn't notice the man look up.

"Are you lost again?" the familiar voice called out.

Wolfgang jolts, immediately flushing, "Ah, sorry. I'm not lost I just wanted to-"

He made his way over to the terrace and extended the coffee, "I wanted to thank you for helping me the other day,"

The stranger lowered his newspaper and stared at the drink for a little. A smile slowly grew on his face as he rolled up the paper and set it down.

"It's been a while since I've drank coffee," he says with a chuckle.

Wolfgang does his best his not to seem awkward as the stranger sips the drink. He looks at him expectantly, hoping he would like the peppermint flavor. The stranger licked his lips, smiling at the taste.

"This is very good, thank you," he finally said with a smile.

Wolfgang smiled back, although a little awkwardly.

"I'm Dave by the way, Dave Reynolds," Dave says and extends his hand.

Wolfgang takes it, and shakes it while noting how much bigger they are than his. "Wolfgang," he says.

Dave chuckles and opens the gate to his terrace, motioning for him to step in. Wolfgang does so, running his hands up and down his leather bag. Dave sat him down and handed him a paper.

"So, how're things going with you?" Dave asks and continues sipping out of the peppermint coffee.

"Oh uh, they're going great! I came to Berlin to visit Jessica," he said, lightening up. "Haha, I got a little lost when I got here,"

Dave smiled at him as if saying 'you're welcome'. He sighed and set the coffee down, leaning forward some to stare at Wolfgang with an interested look. "How long will you be staying in Berlin?" he asked.

"Ah, I'm leaving today unfortunately," Wolfgang said.

Dave chuckled, "So soon? I could have baked you cookies,"

Wolfgang perks up at cookies being mentioned, sitting up a little straighter. He pulled his phone out to check the time. "My train doesn't arrive for another 6 hours," he says. Shyly, he adds, "Cookies sound really nice,"