Scars

Scars could be emotional or physical, a feeling of being ripped away harmed, tortured, sometimes it just depressing, though sometimes they could be happy but that was rare.

 It was both for Eren having watched his mother be eaten by a titan after having her body be stretched until it broke was to much for him, the memory imprinting itself in his mind permanently. It was painful to think about but he couldn't help it, it would be there forever. As Eren studied his hands which were lined with long thin scars from the wooden beam riddled with nails and splinters that scratched and bloodied his hands as he fruitlessly tried to lift. That beam being the same one that had pinned his mother under it's weight which he and Mikasa had struggled to lift, the smiling titan had easily picked it up and grabbed his mother...

"en"

"ren"

"Eren" Eren snapped his head up from it's miserably bowed position at the sound of his sisters voice calling him

"Huh, sorry Mika"  he mumbled 

"Are you alright Eren you were spacing out and mumbling for a while." Eren looked down in shame he had been ignoring everyone for awhile now when they had just been trying to help.

"I'm fine Mikasa" Eren replied not fully honest as he surveyed the pathetic little spot they had claimed on the cold, hard cement floor. He was surrounded by the other starving refugees, the fat pigs that lived in the interior or center of Wall Rose also known as the MP's and merchants kept all the food to themselves, giving them stale bread for food.  Before noticing that his best friend the blond coconut was not in his sight.

"Where's Armin" Eren said absently.

"He went to get food for us from the MP's" was the reply he got.

"Hey Eren wait"

"Eren"

"Ereh" His sister called after him as he darted of to find his friend not trusting him not to get bullied.

"ARMIN" He called out to his friend before spotting him being towered over by the MP's.

"....a little runt like you shouldn't be getting bread"

"....Yea how do we know that you are not lying to get extras"

"....Us MP's need the food unlike you half-dead runts" The third drawled, infuriating Eren even more.

"YOU BASTARDS" Eren yelled as he tried to punch the MP, but finding himself pinned on the ground as they laughed 

"lets teach him a lesson" The first said before kicking him in the stomach, head, back, and arms.

After they left and the pain started to numb he was dimly aware of Armin shaking him

"This is the third time this week" Armin sighed at Eren who was currently in the fatal position.

At that moment Eren knew he had to become a scout no matter how long it took so he could avenge his mother and show the MP's he wasn't weak like they thought.

A/N 

Sorry if this first chapter was shitty I wrote it in about 30 min so if it's kinda bad that's the reason.