32

"Leave me alonneeee

"Leave me alonneeee." Kasie groaned as someone continued to knock on her hotel bedroom door. She was currently staying in the Omni ATL Hotel with the Celtics team so she could go to the game today before leaving for Jamaica tomorrow with a couple of her friends.

The knocking didn't stop, forcing Kasie to sit up and mug the door through the dark hotel room. The sun wasn't even up, so she was left to wonder why she was... that isn't math.

Grabbing her phone from the nightstand, she looked at the influx of text messages she had already gotten, and it was only 3am. Groaning as she stood up from her bed, she silently walked towards the door and looked out the peephole.

"Bro, go to bed." She smacked her lips, unlocking the door for Jayson.

"Happy birthday, baby!" He smiled, revealing a bouquet of pink roses and a jumbo tan teddy bear from behind his back with balloons and her favorite chocolates attached.

Kasie couldn't even say anything; she just smiled and blushed like a teenage girl getting hit on by her crush. Stepping to the side, she let him into her room, engulfing him in a hug once he set everything done.

Before she could stop them, the tears began to fall as Jayson picked her up by the back of her thighs and carried her over to sit on the edge of the bed. Feeling his shoulder become wet, he frowned, hoping that it wasn't something that he had done wrong.

"What you crying for 'Roe?" He asked, rubbing along her back to soothe her.

"Thank you." She mumbled after a minute of silence. She honestly didn't know how else to express her gratitude for the things Jayson did; he always managed to make her feel amazing.

"You don't have to thank me, mama. We've talked about this." He chuckled. "Can you stop crying though? Today's supposed to be a good day with no tears." He pulled her body back so he could see her face, wiping the tears from them.

"I love you, beautiful. You deserve everything in the world, and I'm blessed to be with you for life. I know how you feel about your birthday, but I promise you we'll make it something positive and special, aight?" He looked deeply into her eyes as he spoke, meaning every single word.

Kasie nodded, not really feeling confident in her voice due to the crying she had just endured a couple seconds ago.

"Great. Now let's go back to sleep; we got plans in the morning." He smiled, kissing her lips.

After they got settled down into the bed, Kasie laid on the side of his body, listening to his heartbeat. She honestly didn't know why she liked doing it, but she did; it was comforting.

"I love you, Jayson." She mumbled, snuggling closer to his body. She knew he was asleep due to his slowed breathing and how his heartbeat changed.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you in this lifetime, but I couldn't be more grateful to have you with me. I used to think I'd never find love, especially one like this-- but here we are. I remember when I was younger, I saw an older couple, and as weird as it sounds, you could literally see their love radiating off of them. I remember asking about love and the only response I got would be negative-- I didn't think love like that existed for me, or in general anymore."